Last summer was the season of the House Dress and as a fan, I am thrilled to report that this trend has returned in 2021. I first became a fan of the house dress when I began working from home full-time back in 2016. It remains my go-to for summer because nothing is more comfortable than a soft cozy dress to wear around my apartment but also looks pulled together when going for a walk or running to the grocery store.
I’ve rounded up a ton of my favorites, with even more that didn’t fit into the collage at the bottom of the post, most that are under $100 and in stock right now. Happy house dress shopping!
Best House Dresses
This post was such a popular one last year that I knew I had to update it for this season’s best finds. I know so many of you are excited to stock up on your favorite loose silhouettes as we head into summer and luckily, there are loads of great options right now!
These selects will look great on Zoom calls and ensure you look put together up top but are comfortable for the whole day. I made sure to select items in a variety of styles and fabrics so no matter your personal preference I hope you find one you’re excited to try.
Shop the post:
- This light blue maxi dress, which comes in a few other colors, looks so comfortable with the flowy skirt and goes up to size 3X.
- Have you ever seen a dress more my style? The puff sleeve is a favorite silhouette for Zoom calls and of course, I love the stripes too!
- The ruffle detail on the sleeves make this midi dress a special pick.
- I’m starting to see more and more “exercise dresses” online like this one (it has pockets!) and I love that it’s a dressed up version of athleisure.
- This knit caftan is the definition of the perfect house dress, don’t you think? It also comes in black and this one is a similar style in a different fabric.
- How pretty is the floral pattern on this tank dress?!
- This jersey midi dress is a fantastic basic, also comes in black and is only $25! This one is a similar color and a tried and true favorite of mine as well.
- I love the embroidery on this white midi dress and is both so comfortable but also appropriate for casual outings this summer or is perfect to take on a vacation!
- This cotton mini dress is so cute and perfect for those hot hot days we have coming up.
- The ruffle straps on this 100% cotton dress are darling and this dress is a steal at only $20.
- If you want to be comfortable but prefer a defined waist, enter this mini dress from one of my favorite loungewear brands.
- This brand has so many great, affordable basics including this easy tank dress and I’ve found the quality to be incredible for the price tag.
- I love an easy midi t-shirt dress like this grey one. Great for days at home but also easily paired with sneakers or sandals for errands or a walk. I also love this one that is more a swing dress style.
- Nothing says summer like a breezy white dress like this one.
- Another midi-tank dress, this pretty pink dress will be a closet staple all summer long. Here’s another similar one from one of my favorite brands.