As of late, house dresses have become my go-to quarantine loungewear. I first became a fan of the house dress when I began working from home full-time back in 2016. It was my go-to for summer because nothing is more comfortable than a soft cozy dress to wear around my apartment but also looks pulled together when going for a walk or running to the grocery store. I’ve rounded up a ton of my favorites, with a few more that didn’t fit into the collage at the bottom of the post, that are under $100 and in stock right now. Happy house dress shopping!
Best House Dresses
Even before the pandemic, I was all about loose silhouettes when it came to working from home in warmer months. I’ve heard from a few of my readers that you’ve also been looking for more comfortable dresses to stock up on as we get into summer and lucky for all of us, there are so many great options right now!
These selects will look great on Zoom calls and ensure you look put together up top but are comfortable for the whole day. I also included styling notes for you to take your house dress to the great outdoors so the purchase can get plenty of mileage.
I made sure to select items in a variety of styles and fabrics so no matter your personal preference I hope you find one you’re excited to try!
Shop the post:
- Between the sleeve detail and the bow on the back, this may just be the chicest house dress I’ve seen.
- This tank dress is the prettiest blush color and has tons of positive reviews. I like the feminine slit addition on the side.
- This grey maxi dress is the epitome of a comfy house dress. I like the length on it for pairing with a denim jacket outside of the house, too and feel like it would be really cute on a baby bump, too!
- I love the high neckline on this black midi dress. It also would look great on a casual weekend paired with a denim jacket and sleek white sneakers.
- I’ve had this dress for a few years and it’s one of my favorites for dress up / dress down. You can really wear it a myriad of ways!
- How cute is the twist detail on this t-shirt dress? It’s super casual but perfect for hot days at home.
- This dress comes in loads of colors and is under $15. You can never have enough tee dresses I don’t think!
- I like the boxier fit of this dress by a brand I keep hearing great things about. Have any of you tried this brand?
- The midi length of this t-shirt dress is right up my alley. I also love it in white! I’d wear it with sneakers or sandals outside the house.
- You’ll wear this classic shirt dress over and over again. I’d pair with white sneakers and a denim jacket.
- Ok it’s not a dress but this navy jumpsuit was too good not to include. I live in jumpsuits in the summer so wanted to include it as an option in case you’ve had your fill of house dresses.
- A pretty navy maxi dress that is so perfect for summer. With the right jewelry you could wear this to events outside the home when the time is right to do so.
- Love the ruffled straps & bow detail on this midi dress. I live in my black midi dresses all summer long.
- This flowy white dress is so pretty. I love a dress that won’t be restrictive when you’re sitting on calls all day!
- The cinched waist on this tank dress is a really flattering style.
- This dress is made of the same really soft material as my favorite matching loungewear set.
- I’m never not pulling for my favorite navy & white stripes like this dress that is under $20. Such a great budget buy!
- I love this classic slip dress from one of my favorite brands. I also have my eye on this dress.
- This dress is made of a linen blend that will be so perfect for hot days.
Even more picks:
Are you wearing house dresses these days? Do you have a favorite one?