Last year when I visited Scandinavia (Stockholm and Copenhagen) I set out to do some shopping and was immediately struck by how much cool eyewear there was in this part of the world. The sunglasses were all chic and reasonably priced for the quality. I never leave the house without sunglasses and consider them one of my favorite finishing touches to any outfit so I was thrilled with the Scandinavian eyewear brand Christopher Cloos reached out to me about styling some of their sunglasses for the season.
Christopher Cloos‘ designs are right in line with my aesthetics: timeless, minimalistic and classic meets modern. Both of these looks were styled with the Passable style in the color Espresso. I love a tortoise sunglass because of its versatility and ability to easily go with nearly any outfit.
I’ll also be sharing another look featuring the Palomas soon, too! As you can see in the magazine photo above, the Paloma is the prettiest champagne color for summer outfits. Christopher Cloos has been kind enough to offer 20% off any order for wit & whimsy readers so if interested in a pair, use code WW20 at checkout!
My All-Time New York Favorites
As part of today’s post I also wanted to share my very favorite spots in NYC! In fact, I recently updated my New York City guide in every single category. But narrowing down to the best of the best was difficult! One of the reasons I love New York so much though is that there is always something new to try. My bucket list is also ever-growing and I always love opening it up when I have free time and setting out to try a new place. But, if hard-pressed, the below are my cream of the crop.
- Favorite Coffee Shop: Stumptown.
- Favorite Croissant: Bien Cuit.
- Favorite Sweet Treat: Levain Bakery Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie or Milk Bar Birthday Cake Truffles.
- Favorite Park: Central Park.
- Favorite Museum: The Met.
- Favorite Brunch: Bubby’s Pie Co. or Jack’s Wife Freda.
- Favorite Lunch: Abc Kitchen.
- Favorite Breakfast: abcV or Buvette.
- Favorite View: Top of the Rock.
- Favorite Activity: A long walk in Central Park.
- Favorite Restaurant for Visitors: Abc Kitchen or Gemma.
- Favorite Restaurant for Special Occasions: Carbone.
- Favorite Dessert: Chocolate Souffle at Minetta Tavern.
- Favorite Burger: Minetta Tavern or Gramercy Tavern.
- Favorite Pizza: Emmy Squared.
- Favorite Ice Cream: Ample Hills Creamery.
- Favorite Restaurant Overall: Lilia.
- Favorite Dining Experience: The Polo Bar.
- Favorite Cheap Eat: Caracas.
- Favorite Fast Food: Shake Shack.
- Favorite Cocktail Bar: Bemelmans Bar.
- Favorite Form of Transport: The Ferry!
Fellow New Yorkers or frequent visitors, I’d also love to hear your favorites in the comments below! And tell me which of the 2 looks above is your favorite if you have a moment.
Madewell Jacket // Cuyana Tee // Gap Jeans (wearing size 4 – I love these so much!) // Celine Bag // Sneakers // Christopher Cloos Passable Sunglasses (20% off with code WW20 at checkout) // Reformation Dress (wearing a size 8) // Levi’s Denim Jacket // Everlane Sandals (c/o) // Staud Bag // Christoper Cloos Paloma Sunglasses (20% off with code WW20 at checkout)
This post is sponsored by Christopher Cloos. Thank you so much for supporting the brands I love working with for wit & whimsy.