Happy Monday you guys! How was your weekend? I’m personally on a high still from last night’s Adele concert – what magic! Such a special experience.
Recently I’ve gotten several emails asking for recommendations on what to wear to work that isn’t frumpy or what to wear to client meetings. Right in my wheelhouse and easy last week to capture as I had three in person client meetings and this outfit is what I wore to one of them!
When I’m feeling in a rut, I always go to my J.Crew LBP: little black pants. They pair well with any pretty blouse and I love the ankle crop to go with pumps or a strappy sandal like I did on this occasion thanks to last week’s summer-like weather. These heeled sandals are great because of their comfort factor. I have them in two colors because of this (and if you like a thicker heel, try these.)
I much prefer to be in pants than dresses for client meetings because if I sit for a long time in a tighter shift dress or skirt that’s tight around my waist you can bet I will not be a happy camper. I’ve also worked so many events where I show up in a dress and then am bending over getting things out of boxes or lifting things that I’ve come to realize that pants are just better all around :). These have the perfect amount of stretch so it’s a win/win.
My biggest qualm with most of what’s available to women to wear to work is that it feels so basic or lackluster. Not a lot of personality or femininity! You can only wear so many shift dresses, ballet flats or pencil skirts. So I think it’s high time we start mixing things up…what say you all?
One of my favorite places to shop for work-ready pieces that aren’t boring is Everlane. Modernized staples you can wear a lot of ways. My rules when it comes to looking for workwear are twofold: 1) does the piece feature interesting detail? and 2) can I wear this several ways with pieces I already have in my closet?
More pieces you can wear to work are rounded up below! A few standouts pieces include:
- This blazer is at the top of my fall wish list. I always see it on Pinterest and love how timeless it is. I think I’ll buy it in the navy but also kind of love the camel. Which do you guys prefer?
- This dress is perfect because it can be worn year round and also easily be dressed up or dressed down. In winter I’d pair it with tights and black booties and in the Fall I’d wear it with my favorite loafers.
- A great way to change up your basics is by adding a vest. I love the color of this one.
- I love the sleeves on this top. Would be cute paired with a skirt or great with pants.
- This is such a great functional Tory Burch bag (and it’s currently marked down!)
- I adore my Equipment silk button downs but a more affordable, quality version is this one. I have it in two colors. Perfect for layering (like in this look.)
And somewhat related, if you’re in the market for a winter coat that’s great to wear to work – look no further as THE Olivia Pope-esque coat is back in stock this season and in 5 colors and…currently on sale! *Dreams*. Finally, these are my go-to heels for meetings.
Hope your week starts off great! xx
Shop the Post:
Other Pieces I Recommend for Work: