This year I wanted to add a kids related gift guide for the first time ever. But given I don’t have kids what did I do? I turned to my best girlfriends who are moms and asked for some ideas – knowing I could fill in the holes with gift ideas that I like to give to friends’ kiddos. Well when I say they delivered…they de-liv-ered. I couldn’t believe how many amazing gift ideas they shared! So many we couldn’t fit them in one collage! So I’ve got two collages for you guys!
Gifts for Kids Under 5:
- Skip Hop Backpack. Choose your creature of choice – everything from pups to bees to dragons!
- Magna-Tiles. The #1 recommended gifts for of-age toddlers. Every parent I’ve talked to about these says “they’re worth it.”
- Cupcake Set. Level up pretend tea time.
- Love Every Blocks Set. This set includes 70 pieces that work with each other in more than 20 stage-based activities. (My friends highly recommend the customized play kits from this brand, too!)
- Dancing Alligator. The cutest croc around.
- Doc McStuffins Playset. Because 2020 proved we need aspiring doctors more than ever.
- Melissa & Doug Cookie Set. Imaginary bakeries – right this way!
- PIXAR Cars Movie Cars. For the car-obsessed kid.
- Bohemian Mama Doll. A constant companion.
- Play N’ Pack. For pint-sized armchair travel.
- Little Genius Starter Kit. 4 educational games included!
- Rainbow TeePee. A special spot to let their imaginations run wild.
- YBike. Pewi Elite can be used as a ride on, push toy, or walker, by children as young as 9 months.
- Micro Kick Board Scooter. The model my friends all swear by for their kids.
- Crayola Washable Paint. Fun for the kids and less stressful for parents. Win/Win.
- Mad Mattr Modeling Dough. The dough that never dries out!
- The Ultimate Book of Vehicles. One of the best gifts I’ve ever given to my BFF’s son.
- Hoot Owl Hoot! Board Game. Because we need all the fun games we can get.
- Let’s Go Fishin’ Game. A timeless classic.
- Duck & Goose Matching Game. Time to test those little memories!
- Melissa & Doug Sticker Pads. Because stickers are never not fun.
- Duck & Goose It’s Time For Christmas. I’ve read many a Duck & Goose book by now and they’re always short + sweet stories. Let this one become a seasonal tradition.
- Richard Scarry’s Busytown Board Game. A board game that everyone in the family can enjoy.
- Craftbook. 40+ ideas of ways to get crafty at home. Just what quarantine needs!
- Love Makes a Family Book. An inclusive board book that celebrates the one thing that makes every family a family – love.
- Go Fish! A classic that never gets old.
- Disney Princess Electronic Library. Illustrated story books with all our favorite princesses. (Tiara while reading optional.)
- LeapFrog Scribble & Write. Introduce writing, drawing and spelling in a fun way.
SHOP THE GUIDE:
EVEN MORE GIFTS FOR THE KIDDOS UNDER 5:
I for one will be bookmarking this post for the next several years every time I need a gift for my godson, goddaughter or niece! Hope you found it as fun to peruse as it was for me to put together. (And a big thank you to my girlfriends who contributed to this guide and made it possible!)
Do you have any favorite gifts to give to little ones? I’d love to hear about them!
So many great ideas! ?
Thank you for your help!!
So cute! My nephew loves his Melissa and Doug play sets… cookies, coffee, pizza, they have it all!
Aw love hearing this!
I have a 1 year old and a 5 year old and own over half of these items. Number 2, 4 & 13 are amazing gifts for kids under 5!
Aw love hearing this!! So glad to hear your favorites too!