2014…WHAT. A. YEAR. It certainly had its highs and lows. I won’t go into the lows because, really, who needs to relive negativity but I do want to take a trip down memory lane for what made 2014 a year to remember (in a good way!)
1. Travels! I got to go to Europe this summer and regale life in two of my favorite cities…Paris & London. 2014 also saw trips to San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Napa, my alma matter in Santa Clara, Los Angeles (California aplenty!) Washington D.C., Long Beach Island, NJ and Cincinnati, Miami and Dallas for work. Several of these trips involved seeing longtime friends getting married which was truly special. And I ended my year in one of my favorite places, Colorado.
2. New apartment! It was a rocky road to get to it during Q1, but I ended up in a wonderful East Village apartment living with two of my closest friends where the fun never truly stops. (See a peek inside here.)
3. Blog highlights! This year I got to work with some of wonderful brands. I partnered with Ted Baker, Piperlime (here and here), Crystal Light, Seven Daughters Wine, Starbucks, Laura Mercier, SOREL and more. I celebrated 8 years of blogging and I was featured on the Barneys website!
4. Personal feats! I made major efforts this year to say “no” more, to slow down, to realize what I need to live a balanced life, to get more organized, to save more and to overall seek wellness in my life. This is certainly a work in progress.
5. New York City! Next month I will celebrate 4 years of living in New York City. It seems so long ago that I made that decision to move East but not that long ago all at the same time. The older I get, the more quickly time seems to go. I had so many fun visitors this year and it is still such a treat to know I have much more of this city to explore. I also celebrated my first major holiday in NYC this year, hosting Thanksgiving with my brothers in town. I can’t wait to discover more new favorites in this beloved city of mine.
2015, I can’t wait to see what you have in store! I get to watch my best friend get married to a wonderful guy in the summer, have trips in the works for San Francisco, Napa, Austin and more and am ending 2014 feeling so grateful for all the experiences I’ve been given this year.
A huge thanks to everyone that supported me and WIT & Whimsy this year. I wouldn’t get to do this blog that I love so much without your encouragement, readership, comments and love. It is so, so appreciated.
2015, BRING. IT. ON! Wishing you and yours a wonderful start to the new year!