While I’m not shopping as much as I usually do in the summer, I have picked up a few things from Madewell & J.Crew that I’ve been really happy with lately so I thought I’d share my favorites from the two brands.
Hope you find something you’re excited about to dress up + feel a bit more normal for a fun and safe outing!
J.Crew Summer Favorites:
- I didn’t expect to love this dress so much but once I put it on I was in love. I got the size Medium and wore it here.
- Buttons on the back and linen? This dress is perfect for hot summer days. *Adds to cart*.
- This eyelet dress is just gorgeous and the perfect reason to dress up for no reason. I adore the top version, too. I’d have bought it for Paris this summer if I were going! And this eyelet dress is so good, too.
- This tie-sleeve linen top is as chic as it is practical for summer days.
- These terry shorts are perfect for my morning summer workouts.
- This gingham swimsuit is like summer-y fruit punch.
- This striped funnel neck sweater is perfect for beach nights. And so is this lace up sweater which I recently purchased (in size Medium).
- I love short sleeve sweaters with shorts and this one is the right weight for summer. (And major heart eyes for all the color options!)
- This striped tee is a Parisian-inspired staple for any closet.
- This jumpsuit is one of the most flattering pieces in my wardrobe and its linen fabric makes it so perfect for this time of year. I wear a size 6.
- I got this cover up the other week (size Small) and it is perfect. So easy to throw on over a swimsuit.
- Because of my love of the above jumpsuit, I just added this one to my cart.
- I think J.Crew does boyfriend jeans so well. I am eyeing these. I always size down in their denim. And high waisted denim shorts? Yes, please.
- My favorite white denim jacket is back this season. I shared it again recently here.
- I own and love these bestselling pajamas.
Madewell Summer Favorites:
- I got this dress (size 6) and it makes me want to pick flowers, have a picnic and channel my best Cotswolds vibes. The gingham similar version is pretty perfect, too.
- This dress is what summer dreams are made of for me. A flattering fit, linen so its cool for hot days and a midi length! I love mine (size Small).
- You know I love a little white dress this time of year and this one is particularly cute with its details.
- Stripes? Linen? Comfy? This dress checks so many boxes. I own it and love it. (Size Medium).
- These sandals are comfy looking yet stylish.
- You guys know I don’t do color often but when I do it is often red. I couldn’t resist this stylish yet comfy jumpsuit. (I got a size 6).
- Yes, please to WFH elastic-waist pants.
- Striped tees are a summer wardrobe requisite IMO.
- This top is so cute. And so is this eyelet one.
- I got these sandals recently and they are so comfy.
- Every summer wardrobe needs a denim skirt. I have one from Madewell (in white) and love it.
- Hello, cutest little hair tie.
p.s. New Amazon Fashion finds for summer and things I’ve bought and loved recently.
Hi Meghan! Your post came at the right time for me. I haven’t shopped all year and added a few pieces from the list you mentioned above for summer. Looking forward to wearing them instead of good ol’ pjs and workout wear!
Aw yay! So glad you found some pieces that made you excited. I feel the same way – I am officially over my loungewear and am having fun getting dressed again!
I buy more things because of your recommendations than from any other blog 🙂 I can’t wait for my no occasion to dress up for jcrew dress arrives! I got the pink. Also I just got a target lamp in the mail you recommended. I typically find target too intimidating to navigate on my own. Keep up the great work Meghan! Although I am trying to cut back on spending…sort of. Haha
This comment brought such a smile to my face, Ashley! Thank you for it! So glad to hear you like my recs and totally right there with you about getting dressed for no occasion right now!!