Today I’m taking the day off to head to Midtown and enjoy all the decorations! I do this every year in December and I love doing so which made me think of sharing some other favorite Christmas traditions of mine.
When it comes to holiday traditions, I have those related to New York & those at home. In New York, I love:
- Visiting the Rockefeller Tree (of course!) at both day and nighttime.
- Hot chocolate at City Bakery and sipping it while paying a visit to the Union Square Christmas market.
- Christmas shopping with my brother.
- 5th Avenue window shopping.
- Visiting the Palace Hotel’s Christmas tree.
- Christmas tea at the St. Regis.
- Drinks at Bemelmans Bar.
And at home:
- Holiday baking with my mom. (Often inclusive of impromptu singing sessions with spoon microphones.)
- Watching Home Alone & Home Alone 2 on Christmas Eve.
- Christmas Eve mass.
- Family outings- to dinner or snowmobiling.
- Skiing with my siblings.
- Family jigsaw puzzles.
- Watching old family videos.
- Signature cocktails on Christmas Eve with my sister & mom.
- My sister’s baked goods.
This time of year is so special and I’m trying to give myself moments to stop and take it all in. Work + social commitments seem to be never-ending at the moment but I think that’s why it is even more important I continue taking my one day a December off to take for myself and my city. It is a tradition I have come to cherish!
A note on this outfit: The moment I spotted this velvet romper I knew I wanted it to be my go-to holiday party look this holiday season. If you’re looking for more holiday outfit inspo, look no further than this post from last week! This weekend I have multiple holiday parties and both my brother and one of my BFFs are in town to visit so you know I’ll be pulling this number out.