I’m a pretty seasoned traveler at this point in my life and packing and preparing for a trip is rather formulaic for me nowadays. I am so glad travel is back following the COVID pandemic and that we can once again begin exploring much of the world again.
In the spirit of that, today I am sharing my travel essentials that I almost always have with me on any given trip. These travel items will no doubt make your next trip a breeze.
My Travel Essentials:
- Lou & Grey Upstate Sweatpants: I am obsessed with these joggers. So cozy, so comfy and yet much more elevated than your average sweats for travel. Perfect for lounge time at a hotel, too. I often pair them with the matching sweatshirt. Related: How to Style Joggers.
- Comfy Pajamas: You guys know I love these PJs. They are always in my suitcase when I travel.
- Cuyana Alpaca Wrap: I am generally always cold on airplanes yet managed to constantly forget having a scarf or wrap in case of necessity so I got this wrap and now bring it on every flight with me. It’s also great to have on days where the weather may change and you want an extra layer to wrap around you. It is so soft and I love the fit of it so much. I love that it wraps entirely around your body to make sure you’re warm and cozy on flights. On multiple occasions I’ve gotten asked where I got this from other passengers keen to get their own! Alternatively, I often bring this White + Warren Cashmere Travel Wrap if I want a more traditional scarf with me on colder weather trips.
- Weekender: This is my secret weapon for long trips or for trips I may want to do some shopping on. I bring it on the plane with me with any valuables I don’t feel comfortable checking but I also leave some room to spare for any items I may pick up on my travels that may not fit on my suitcase.
- Slip Silk Eye Mask: I never leave home without an eye mask. I use it on red eyes religiously and sometimes in hotels too.
- Cuyana Passport Holder: This is more for looks than practicality but I love having my passport tucked into this personalized holder. I think it makes a great gift for friends who love to travel as well.
- Cuyana Tote: My go-to bag when I travel. It fits everything I need and is super durable. I find it is better to travel with than a more structured tote. I have it in a few colors and love that they can be monogrammed. I’m always careful to leave room to bring my favorite water bottle with me, too so I can always stay hydrated while on the road.
- Cuyana Leather Laptop Case: I almost always travel with my laptop so I ensure it is tucked away safely in this beautiful case.
- Cuyana Cosmetic Cases: You’ve heard me talk about these for forever but they are the best. I use the larger one for my makeup and the smaller for any medicine or must-haves on the plane in my carry on tote. I also have things packed in at least one or two of the Cuyana Leather Pouches every trip, too. (Can you tell I love pouches!?)
- Mark & Graham Jewelry Case: Because I never had a proper storage solution for my jewelry, I often packed it and would forget to wear it. I now have this perfect case that will ensure my jewelry has a safe home when I’m on the road. I returned my personalized one due to disappointment with the quality of the monogramming so would recommend opting without a monogram.
- Modern Loafers: My go-to shoe for trips that involve a lot of walking! These shoes do need breaking in before you travel in them but I’ve worn them all over Europe and for days spent with tons of steps and not had issues once they molded to my feet.
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones: I haven’t gotten on a plane without my noise cancelling headphones in over eight years. They work to drown out background noise on plans and help me be able to get some sleep and also lower my anxiety on flights that have a lot going on (loud talkers, crying children, etc, etc, etc.) I recently upgraded to the Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless headphones and they are amazing.
- A Universal Charger: This is my charger for all overseas trips. Love that it has a USB port for easy phone charging.
- Truffle Clarity Clutch: This pouch may not look like much but it is a god-send for packing liquids. It fits so much and easily is wiped out if any liquids happen to leak. I also love that I can easily see what all is in there and find what I need right away. It’s been a toiletry game changer for my travels and I now have one in nearly every size they make. I use them to store cords, small electronics and other travel accessories. I also own their Jetset Cases which are also so good.
- Sony Alpha a6000 Camera: This camera definitely lived up to its reputation. I love how compact and lightweight it is and the quality of photos is spectacular for the affordable price. My favorite feature is the wifi syncing so I can instantly upload photos from the camera onto my phone to post to Instagram. I also love that the screen pops out so you can get better flatlays. This camera is great for first timers, too.
Amazon Echo Ear Buds: I bought these to take with me on red eye flights when I want to sleep but also get noise cancelling benefits. They’re great for long flights.
- Mobile Hotspot: When I don’t want to rely on having wifi provided by someone else, and especially when traveling solo or overseas, I always have this handy device in tow. The data packages are cheap and I love that it is so easy to carry around. They’ve since given it a makeover but same reliable internet and super cheap data packages. It definitely gives me peace of mind when I travel.
- Travel Probiotics: I have found taking these while traveling grateful cuts down on the chances of any upset stomachs that can happen as your body adjusts to travel.
- Olly Sleep Vitamins: I don’t always sleep well when I travel so rely on these for improved sleep when on the road.
- Downy Wrinkle Releaser: Given how I loathe ironing and use this stuff around the clock at home I never leave without a travel size bottle in my suitcase. I have gone through bottles and bottles of this stuff and converted every friend I have ever traveled with, too!
- Dramamine Non Drowsy: I’ve had motion sickness in cars and on planes, trains and boats since I was little. I am never without several tubes of non-drowsy Dramamine.
- Dual Voltage Curling Iron: This inexpensive curling wand works wonders and is dual voltage so once plugged into my adapter while overseas it is ready to go.
- Tums Smoothies: Never without these to help any unexpected heartburn I may get.
- Mophie Powerstation: A god-send! This is great for days where you don’t want to deal with the anxiety of finding an outlet to charge your phone. It lasts for several hours and goes to work quickly.
Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask: This stuff is so great to serve as in-flight mask and moisturizer in one. You don’t have to remove it so it is perfect for travel and it helps fight the dehydration I often experience on long flights.
Hand Cream: Nowadays when I travel my hands get so dry so I try to keep a mini hand cream on me.
This Works Mini Travel Pillow Spray: I love the ritual of a pillow spray and this mini one is perfect for travel.
- Aromatherapy: I love applying a soothing aromatherapy oil to my inner wrists when on red eye flights. It instantly calms me down. I also use it before I fall asleep.
Lumify Eye Drops: I love these eye drops! They go to work in 1 minute and results last up to 8 hours. Eyes are whiter, brighter and more radiant – perfect for when you’re not getting your best sleep while traveling.
- Earplugs: Given you never know what sleeping conditions you’ll get when traveling, I always have earplugs with me. This pair is particularly good at noise reduction and I love that they come with a carrying case making them extra travel ready.
I also swear by my Away suitcases. I have both the bigger carry on shown here (a god-send that fits so much!) and also the Medium that is great for longer trips. The link included should score you $20 off of your first purchase if interested! And as for a travel wallet, I don’t use cash much these days so I just use my normal every day wallet which is this YSL card case that has held up so well with lots of use.
Hope you find this a handy resource for your future travels! Several of these items would make great gifts for the traveler in your life, too!
Shop even more of my Travel Essentials on Amazon. Wheels up!