As mentioned in my post about my goals for this year, I am working to be more intentional with my shopping this year. As such, I developed a Wish List of sorts for the year to work off of when I want to shop.
I am a big believer in buying investment pieces (as you guys probably know by now) and the best way to begin adding investment pieces into your wardrobe is to make a list of the ones you most want. Would you benefit from a great, comfortable heel? Or a timeless, beautiful blazer? Add those to your list and then instead of impulse shopping in the coming weeks, put away the money you may have spent at H&M or Zara without much thought and put it aside for that investment piece. It’s the best way to build a closet of classic, well-made pieces in my mind and certainly the tactic I have employed since my late 20s.
My 2020 Wish List
- Jenni Kayne Cashmere Sweater: I’ve heard the best things about this brand’s clothing and this sweater has my name all over it.
- Anine Bing Lace Bra: These bralettes have cult-like followings and I think it would be so pretty under camisoles or V-neck sweaters.
- Summersalt Cashmere Set: I couldn’t love cozy loungewear more and this set looks divine.
- Textured Leather Belt: I don’t have a go-to quality leather belt but would love to have one and designer belt buckles aren’t my thing so I love the simplicity of this one that still says luxury with a brand name.
- Hill House Home Hair Bow: I love a fancy hair bow so much.
- Adina Reyter Earrings: How beautiful are these? Very much my earrings aesthetic.
- Mejuri Croissant Ring: Because, duh.
- Stone and Strand Pinkie Ring: I love a signet ring but recently lost mine due to fit issues so I’d love to upgrade with this one.
- Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: The newest cookbook from my favorite food blogger. A friend told me this cookbook is great.
- Truffle Small Clarity Clutch: I have two of the large and swear by them when I travel. So I’d like a smaller one to hold things like cords and small electronics.
- Loeffler Randall Goldy Boots: The knee-high boots of my dreams. I actually just finally pulled the trigger on these after eyeing them for more than two years.
- Sweaty Betty High Shine Leggings: So sleek. So chic. A Sweaty Betty employee in-store told me these are their best-selling, most in-demand leggings they’ve ever made.
- Grammatical Paris Print: A follower on Instagram sent me this artist and I love the pieces.
- Mason Pearson Hairbrush: Maybe a beloved hair brush would help me brush my hair more often!? LOL.
- Rituel de Fille Lipstick: This is a clean brand I am eager to try. Then their pigments are said to be amazing.
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Glow Drops: I’ve heard great things about these from several friends of mine.
- Snowe Wine Glasses: I saw a woman demo the unbreakable factor of these glasses at their Flatiron NYC store and it had me sold after I watched her bang them on a shelf with no issue. I’d love to upgrade my Target wine glasses that I’ve had forever.
- Lord Jones Bath Salts: CBD bath salts for a blissed out bath? Yes, please.
- Briogeo Root Powder: To help add some volume to my roots.
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream: I’ve used up a sample of this stuff and loved how it made my skin look and feel.
- Briogeo Scalp Shampoo: I’ve heard the best things about this brand and in my pursuit to find clean haircare I like this year it is on my list to try.
And a couple more items that didn’t make into the collage:
- Floor Mirror: This will be a purchase I hope to make for my new apartment. I’d like a bigger mirror to be able to capture and share more regularly my every day outfits.
- Lunya Washable Silk Pajamas: My love of chic yet comfortable pajamas knows no bounds.
. . .
Will I buy all these things this year? Of course not. But keeping a list certainly helps me second guess non-essential and impulse purchases. Will I veer from this list with purchases this year? Of course. But again it is indented to be a guide so I am more thoughtful with what I am buying and when.
What’s on your personal wish list this year?
SHOP THE POST: