No time like the present, am I right? So if you’re like me you’re handling this current pandemic by keeping busy. To each their own of course, but I’m less anxious when I’m keeping myself occupied. Not saying I’m about to write a novel or anything, but I am looking for new ways to keep myself entertained. So in the spirit of that, I called on some of my friends and favorite content creators to share posts of theirs that will help you learn a new skill or experience something new to you.
20 New Things to Try
- How to Bake Bread – Lemon Stripes.
- Needlepoint for Beginners – Carly the Prepster.
- 8 Healthy Recipes to Try – The Style Scribe.
- Set up a Home Photo Studio – This Time Tomorrow. (Think this could be fun to get your kids involved, too – what might they want to try their hand at photographing!?)
- How to Do a Crown Braid – Ashley Brooke Designs. (In fact, this is on my personal learn-how-to-do list!)
- How to Deep Clean Your Scalp – The Stripe.
- How to Re-Use Your Glass Candle Jars – The Girl Guide.
- How to Make an Excellent Dirty Martini – With Love from Kat.
- Ways to Practice Being More Mindful – A Girl, A Style.
- Sign up for some ‘Smile Mail’ in your inbox – Bright Bazaar.
- 50 Classic Movies (You Might Not Have Seen) to Watch – Carly Hill.
- How to Actually Organize Your Makeup – Lindsay Silberman.
- How to Declutter and Simplify Your Life Right Now – Jess Ann Kirby.
Some additional ideas:
- Watch a TED Talk.
- Take an online course from an ivy league school.
- Transport yourself to France.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- How to clean out your closet.
- How to start a skincare routine.
- How to maximize small spaces.
So have you tried anything new of late? I’d love to hear what it was! (And a big thanks to my friends for participating in this post!)
[Image outtake via this post]