After nearly three months of sheltering in place with no social plans, a few trends in my house have become abundantly clear. My beauty routine is way more low maintenace these days and a variety of beauty products have risen to the top as my go-tos these days.
Quarantine Beauty Picks
- Caudalie Instant Detox Mask. For congested pores and mad skin, just reach for this mask. Given the extra time on my hands, I’ve been using it weekly and have noticed a big difference in my breakouts clearing up and my pores looking less noticeable/clogged.
- Youth to the People Superfood Air Whip Moisturizer. My everyday moisturizer for hydration with a matte finish.
- Caudalie SOS Cream. My favorite nighttime moisturizer and the reason I never wake up with dry skin. A w&w reader favorite nowadays, too!
- Indie Lee I-Waken Resurfacing Mask. This mask only takes a few minutes but has major payoff. Skin looks more radiant instantly after use and is the perfect pick me up for dull, lackluster skin.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks. Not only are these just so darn fun to wear (see above!), they majorly work to de-puff (truly life saving after a good quarantine cry) and hydrate your skin so fine lines are less noticeable.
- Elemis Eye Revive Mask. I was instantly intrigued by the concept of an overnight eye mask and after two months of trying this one, I’m a convert. My eyes look less weathered and more awake and my dark circles definitely seem to be diminished with regular use.
- Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Cream. One of the best products I’ve started using the past two months. My skin is transformed with use. Smoother, brighter, more nourished. I keep reaching for it on no-makeup days so that my skin uses that time to be more hydrated.
- Supergoop Zinc Screen. My daily SPF approved by my dermatologist. The best zinc sunscreen I’ve tried to date.
- EltaMD SPF 46. I bought this to test it against my beloved Supergoop Zinc Screen and I am happy with the purchase. I go back and forth between the two now and love that this one can be easily dragged down the back and front of my neck now that we’re into seasons of more exposure. It absorbs super quickly and the slight white cast blends out easily.
- Sara Happ Dream Slip Night Lip Mask. Applying this at night time has been a ritual for me long before quarantine so it has certainly persisted these past few months.
- Kosas Lip Oil Gloss in Jellyfish. It’s a lip oil! It’s a gloss! This stuff is awesome. It instantly makes your whole face look glow-y and awake with a few swipes. Lips feel hydrated and plump and it can easily turn any matte lipstick you love into a gloss. Such a good clean lip product and what I reach for before I head out on my daily walks to wear under my mask so no color gets on the inside of it.
- Summer Fridays Lip Balm. A favorite product that I bought when quarantine started and I was experiencing really dry lips. It smells lovely (and not overly sweet) and does a great job of making lips look plump and healthy.
- Bite Agave Lip Mask in Buzzed. I love that this mask has a tint (there’s an untinted version, too) so that I get the benefits of a mask but a bit of color to wear during the day time. My lips are instantly less chapped with use.
- Caudalie Vinosource Purifying Toner. I’ve had this toner in my medicine cabinet for a while now and used it on and off. But when I started getting more breakouts and my pores were becoming congested and enlarged (no facials in sight!) I broke it out and now use it nightly. It has totally helped banish the chin breakouts I was having at the onset of quarantine (thank you salicylic acid!) and my pores are noticeably less congested and less visible. This stuff is GREAT.
- Living Proof No-Frizz Leave in Conditioner. I don’t know if my hair is just growing a lot now but I have sprouted all sorts of flyaways and the only thing taming them these days is this stuff. My hair feels utterly amazing after use and there’s no heaviness or residue from it when I go to blow dry.
- Silk Scrunchies. I haven’t worn real hair ties nearly this entire time because they can damage your hair. Instead I wear these scrunchies that somehow don’t manage to make me feel like I’m back in the 90s. I put my hair in a low bun using one every day.
- Lilah B. Concealer. For the days where I don’t want to look at my zits or dark circles or when I have Zoom calls, I reach for this clean concealer. I can’t get over how good this stuff is. I wear shade b.Radiant.
- Sweat Cosmetics Translucent Powder with SPF. This stuff has been my summer go-to for the past four years. It doesn’t melt despite sweat or humidity and I love layering it over my zinc sunscreens to matify my skin before I head out the door.
- Erborian BB Creme. For days with Zoom calls you know I’m reaching for my holy grail face product.
- Ilia Brow Gel in Blonde. Now that my brows are more wild than ever before, I love taming them with this brow gel that works like magic to keep them in place and add volume. Great for Zoom call days.
- Indie Lee Pillow Mist. A new nightly ritual I actually look forward to doing every evening before bed.
- NeuBrow. If I can’t maintain my eyebrows I may as well work on getting them thicker, right? I have to say, I didn’t have high hopes for this stuff but my eyebrows have absolutely grown thicker and longer with my two+ month commitment to this serum. I love that it comes with a brow brush so you can brush the gel through easily.
- NeuLash. I’m usually a Latisse user but I took a break last year. During quarantine I found a sample size bottle of NeuLash and decided to give it a whirl. I have to say, I’m pleased to report my lashes are longer and more noticeable now and I feel like this was the perfect time to committing to using this serum! (My friend Merritt swears by this stuff and her lashes always look great and now I understand why!) I don’t think it works as fast as Latisse and doesn’t help thicken lashes like I experienced with Latisse but with committed use it does help lengthen.
- Elemis Peptide Overnight Radiance Peel. Ooo this product. It is so good! You get noticeable results in just one use and will have a hard time not touching your face when you realize how smooth it has become while you slept.
- Base Coat Cuticle Serum. I was used to getting regular manicures to upkeep my nails and cuticles but now rely on this serum to ensure my cuticles don’t get too ragged or pesky. I love how it smells and that it absorbs super quickly. The roller ball applicator makes it easy to apply. I keep it on my desk to apply during Zoom calls!
Shop the Post:
What beauty products have you been swearing by during the past few months?