With yesterday’s first “feels like 95 degrees” kind of summer day I was instantly reaching for my seasonal beauty favorites as I got ready to head out for the day. Today’s post is dedicated to everything I rely on to beat the heat and still look (somewhat) presentable despite 100% humidity, commuting, summer thunderstorms…you get the picture.
- If you’re low maintenance about your hair during the summer like I am then I highly recommend you get a leave in conditioner and put it in before you sweeping hair into a low, sleek + slick bun. It’s also great to put in wet hair at night before you go to bed so it can go to work to repair damage done to your strands by chlorine, sun and heat. I recommend Living Proof’s Instant Repair.
- Another great summer hair product is a sea salt spray. I like the Rahua Enchanted Island Sea Salt Spray to add some texture to strands.
- Heavier lipsticks or lip glosses are a no-go for me during summer so I’ve swapped them out for my newest lip obsession: Almay’s Butter Kiss lipstick. It’s more like a lip balm with a sheer swatch of color than a lipstick and the Berry shade gives the loveliest tint of color with lots of hydration. It’s been going with me everywhere so far this summer.
- I love Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer year round but especially in the summer. It’s not heavy at all and has SPF making it my go-to all summer. (If I’m going to be spending a lot of time in the rays though I will layer it with a higher SPF.) I wear the shade Blush.
- Sweat Cosmetics’ Mineral Foundation is a game changer in summer. It is made to survive sweating and that it does. I use it as my setting powder in summer and it works so, so well. No melting like other makeup I’ve experienced as soon as the humidity hits. Better yet? It has SPF 30 in the formula. (They also have a handy portable version too if that’s more your style!) I wear Shade 100.
- Normally I use powder to fill in my brows but on extra hot days that ain’t happening so I opt to just slick on a few swipes of Glossier’s Boy Brow. It fills in and sets brows with little to no work involved.
- I’m in the process of testing out other self tanning products because my skin is in desperate need of some color but I keep coming back to the Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer which is just so easy and relatively fool proof. You just apply it once you turn off the shower and skin is still wet and then towel try gently. The product doesn’t transfer to your towel and the color is natural and not streaky.
- Blotting sheets I use year round (I was blessed with oily skin that can get shiny quickly) but in the summer I go through so many it’s almost comical. The Boscia ones are the best I’ve used and I truly don’t leave the house without a pack of these.
- You guys know I am religious about having SPF on my face and I have a few favorites. The one I use most often is from BeautyRx. It is SPF 50 and super matte so face isn’t left shiny after applying it. I’ll use this one when I want to put on a little makeup afterwards. For park, pool or beach days I like Supergoop’s SPF 40. Also not greasy or overly slick.
- For body sunscreen I’ve used Neutrogena for years and think it does a great job. The sprays are so easy but you must rub them in! I always use something SFP 40 or higher due to my fair skin and I’m rather religious about reapplying. (I also just bought this one and will be testing it this summer.)
- I tend to steer clear of waterproof mascara but I keep MAC’s Haute & Naughty mascara on hand for days when I want to look alive and also go to the pool or beach. It does the trick.
- I’ve shared the Malaya Organics Body Oil before but in the summer it does double duty. It works wonder if your skin has gotten too much sun exposure and really goes to work to rehydrate and tame down any sunburn. (Their face oil is a favorite of mine, too!)
- I swear by this Urban Decay makeup setting spray year round but in the summer I’m convinced every girl needs it.
- My go-to shave cream is this one from eos. I’ve been using it for the last five years!
Do you guys have favorite products you rely on in the summer?
Shop the Post: