While its official start is still a few days out, summer sure feels in full swing. I kicked it off in magnificent style with my trip to France (arrived back last night!) and by turning another year older and I’m so looking forward to some NYC summer activities as well as a trip I can’t wait to take next month.
Summer isn’t, admittedly, my favorite season as I am not someone who loves the heat. But there’s also something about the spirit of the summer – splayed out in front of you for three months with a bit more feeling of freedom – that I just love. There’s certain summer traditions and summer recipes and summer pasttimes that I just love and I never seem to tire of.
I hope you’ll find this list inspires you to add to your summer with a host of fun activities to make the most of this savored season. I love a long, lazy summer day with no plans but I also love feeling like I have a fun summer bucket list to tick through. So if you’re looking for summer bucket list ideas to jump start your own list – here is a great list to get you started!
Summer Bucket List
- Bake a classic summer dessert. Peach cobbler anyone? Or lemon bars?
- BBQ with friends. This is a tough one to do in NYC but maybe I can swing it down in Brooklyn Bridge park where they have some grills ready and waiting for the taking!
- Find a perfectly punchy signature lipstick shade. Because who doesn’t love doing less makeup this time of year – enter the statement lip.
- Take in an outdoor movie. It’s been a while since I’ve done this and would love to do so again! If you live near a drive-thru I’d recommend doing that!
- Make a meal entirely from the farmer’s market. I love seasonal cooking but don’t do it enough. I’d love to be in the habit this summer of visiting the market and seeing what inspires me for dinner that night.
- Take a day trip to the Hamptons. Rent a car on a weekday and hit up some favorite spots in Sag Harbor and Amagansett. Get iced coffee, walk the beach and drive around and look at beautiful houses.
- Spend one whole weekend off of Instagram. Do we think I can do it?! I think I can but time will tell!
- Visit Governor’s Island and have a drink at Island Oyster. I love the sweeping views at this spot and the fact that you can only get to it by ferry – makes for such a fun outing!
- Go on an early morning walk on the Brooklyn Bridge. There’s nothing like seeing the sun come up over the city’s skyline.
- Go to Coney Island to shoot photos and experience it for the first time. I have never been and I really want to see it and eat some cotton candy!
- Tick off some treats from my list! I want to check out Fabrique’s new NYC outpost (I loved this place when I was in Stockholm last year), try Kith treats, check out this ice cream + churros spot, get soft serve at Oddfellows Dumbo outpost and go to Tom Collichio’s bakery Mah-Ze-Dahr. Calories don’t count in summer, right?
- Do something that is out of my comfort zone. Thinking perhaps a DanceBody class? I am so uncoordinated and dance classes intimidate me so much! But there’s also plenty of other things and places and foods I haven’t tried in the city so thinking this summer is my chance!
- Take a road trip. Not too much driving but ideally somewhere I have never been!
What’s on your summer bucket list!? I’d love to hear what you have planned this summer!
. . .
Other Reformation Dresses I’m Loving:
A lot of the above come in different colors/patterns so if you like a style, be sure to click through! I always size up in Reformation to an 8 or 10 depending on style. Select styles are also available on Nordstrom if you prefer to shop there!