I had such a fun and productive week. I got to meet up with multiple friends who live in my new neighborhood, I did quite a bit of cooking and I worked out every day! Additionally, I found a great intern to join my consulting business for the summer and booked another trip out to California in August for a friend’s upcoming wedding.
This weekend I am heading up to Connecticut to shower Julia’s little girl’s forthcoming arrival, visiting my godmother in the city (and hopefully squeezing in a glass of rose at The Boathouse!) and I have a few things I want to take care of in my new place.
Do you guys have any fun weekend plans!? Hope you have a great one whatever you do! xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Celebrated my birthday! Thank you all for the sweet messages.
- Established a full addiction with these granola cups after an impulse purchase at Target. I started putting them in the freezer and omg they are so good.
- Got my brows made over by Brows by Sebastian. They were in desperate need of attention and he was SO full of knowledge. (Told me my brows were too delicate for a wax pencil or gel and that I should stick to brow powder – color me enlightened!) For 20 years he’s been a brow expert and works with loads of celebrities so he’s worth a visit if you’re in the NYC area.
- Took a meditation class at MNDFL. I didn’t like it as much as Inscape but man taking a little timeout at the start of your day to meditate is such a powerful way to reset.
- Met up with some fellow francophiles at Laduree when my friend Rebecca hosted some lovely authors who have written about Paris and France including my friend Angie! I had the chance to finally meet Jackie IRL and also Will. It was such a lovely Wednesday evening.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I related to so many points in this piece on lessons learned from leaving corporate life.
- Want to know about those random Instagram comments that won’t stop popping up? Get the scoop on those horrible bots in this Times piece.
- The beginner’s guide to summer makeup.
- This looks so darling.
- Julia shared so many good breakfast ideas for weekday mornings!
- I’ve been to Target SO many times since moving two weeks ago and I loved Grace’s roundup of great design finds at the store.
- Victoria rounded up some great companies worth knowing.
- My photographer and friend Bekka is putting on a summer photography workshop! If you’re in the NYC area and want to up your photo skills, you should sign up as she’s the best!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- How good are these floral Nike pants?!
- Shopbop’s Sale on Sale ends today!
- Lots of cute and affordable items from Wayf.
- A great, easy dress to put on for any summer ocassion.
- Everlane’s limited edition beach capsule collection has me wanting to be seaside stat!
- Can never have enough good striped tees.
- I love the bohemian vibes of this top!
- I just bought this dress and this dress.
- Gah! How gorgeous are these pearl shoes!?
- Loving these leggings. So chic!
- With the return of summer, I’ve been suffering again from little red bumps on my chest. I broke out this toner that I swear by to clear them up.
- This is a great summery tee.
- Adding this Banana Republic top to my cart STAT.
- All of Cuyana’s newness is just so.darn.good. (One of everything, please!)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My summer bucket list.
- What to wear for the 4th of July.
- Pretty lace pieces to buy now.
- My favorite natural beauty products.
- Twists on wardrobe classics.
- The best suitcases.