And just like that it’s Friday! Anyone else thrown off on their days this week due to the holiday? In a delightful kind of way, that is. I am playing catch up a bit after taking some much needed time away from my computer but as a result this weekend will definitely involve some work for me. Worth it though to soak up time with friends while I could!
I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday and have an even better weekend! xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Celebrated the 4th on White Bear Lake, Minnesota and enjoyed good weather and good company!
- Came back to NYC to get down to business. Cue the healthier eating, working out and all around just taking better care of myself!
- Relatedly, I went on my first run since my half marathon. I only made it a mile and had shooting pain in my IT Band following it making stairs practically unbearable. Must solve this pronto (any tips!?) as I actually really loved getting back to it. (Albeit, short lived.)
- Caught up on my laundry list of to dos from errands and thank you notes to opening up packages and tidying my apartment. (Do you guys like when I share my packages on InstaStories, btw!?)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- This outfit of Ashley’s is so cute.
- A great read on how the French lifestyle influences beauty and fashion in the U.S..
- I love how Jess transformed her kitchen!
- I cannot wait to stay at this hotel when I’m next in Paris!
- Grace’s London Travel Diary has me wanting to hop back across the pond ASAP!
- I love this look of Jess’ and this look of Helena’s.
- An interesting read on the women current leading artistic direction for Dior.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This dress screams summer!
- This suit is so cute.
- Two of my favorite pieces of denim have been restocked! These shorts that are great for summer weekends (worn here) and these jeans are so flattering on thanks to being high waisted.
- Obsessed with how cute this top is!
- The detailing on this dress make it absolutely beautiful.
- Already buying this to live in come Fall.
- How chic are these sneaks?
- And I majorly have my eye on these sandals. Aren’t they gorgeous?
- This brand hasn’t been on my radar since high school but I LOVED this dress when I spotted it.
- This top comes in so many good color options and can easily be dressed up or dressed down.
- These sunglasses look like Karen Walker but are actually only $6!? Steal!
- How pretty is the pleating on this top?
- I’ve been living in these slides this summer. They are so easy to throw on, great for travel and go with pretty much everything. And so comfy!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The perfect slip dress.
- 32 things you may not know about me.
- Cute gingham pieces I’m loving.
- My new favorite, affordable dress.
- Everything I learned about wine in France.
- My summer bucket list.
Meghan, Do you use a foam roller before and/or after you run? Although I find it a little painful sometimes, it really does make a huge difference in recovery and soreness, especially since it works on both muscles and ligaments. I’ve been running for almost 30 years (I’m not quite as old as that makes me sound, but close), and foam rolling, yoga, and some strength training are the things I swear by to prevent injury.
I do find it SO helpful and used it after my run attempt to some avail. I’ve never tried it BEFORE a run though – is that good to do!? So appreciate the advice, Marcia!!
Pigeon pose was suggested by my PT but modified so your leg is not parallel. Heel of food toward opposite knee.
Pigeon pose definitely helps me! Did it at yoga last night – #hurtssogood
You are so sweet thanks for including me babe! And I love this post – so many good gems!
My pleasure girl! Have a great weekend!
thanks for including me, meghan! xo
But of course! XO
Don’t push yourself too hard, if you feel pain while running rest and go to the doctors. That’s what I did and I feel much better now 🙂
Thank you for the recommendation! 🙂