Despite it being the first full week of the year, it flew by. The best part of my week was taking my first French class at Coucou – I’m dusting off my French minor! And the low point was waking up with a migraine yesterday which kind of shot my whole day. I had to stay in bed for the first part of the day but finally peeled myself up around 1 and got some work done but felt pretty awful. I have a long history with headaches and used to get migraines far more frequently but despite that I still am always amazed at how much they can make you feel downright miserable.
This weekend I have a farewell for a friend moving back West, another friend in town from Boston and some workouts on my calendar. I will also be doing my French homework (!) and hopefully get in some downtime, too. What do you have planned!?
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I made a lot of little tweaks to the site! Since re-launching the design in November there have been a few kinks to work out and just a few things that I didn’t love so I’m glad I finally took the time to implement those edits.
- Speaking of site changes, inspired by the recent frigid temperatures in New York and some major wanderlust for sun, I added a new section to the shop: Warm Weather Getaways! If you have a beach vacation coming up be sure to check out the picks. I found some super cute stuff.
- Made Merritt’s delicious butternut squash noodles twice! So easy & so good! The second time I made them I actually roasted the butternut squash instead of sautéing and then I added half an avocado on top. I DEVOURED it for lunch. (Still working on that veggie intake and let me just say, goat cheese helps.)
- Had some great meetings about possible future projects for both of my businesses which left me feeling super excited for the year ahead.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Love this look of Julia’s.
- This Gucci space – wow!
- Grace always has the best book recommendations (she reads so much! #goals) so I always look forward to her monthly reading list.
- Loved Liz’s advice on streamlining your wardrobe.
- Food trends we’ll be seeing in 2018!
- I adore the vibes in this Parisian apartment.
- Google Flight hacks.
- These look so yummy!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I adore this sunny skirt! It is perfect
- Love the slouchy fit of this sweater.
- A more stylish + feminine take on the classic white collared shirt.
- You guys know I love a cool collar (exhibit A, exhibit B) so I obviously love this top.
- These Madewell jeans are great.
- I keep hearing great things about this sweater on Instagram.
- If you’re in the market for a bag perfect for dressier occasions, this one is so classic + beautiful! (Barney’s private label line is really nice quality in case you’ve never shopped from it before!)
- Super into the colors that Outdoor Voices just released. (Their pants are my favs!)
- This jacket is the perfect blend of edgy meets chic.
- Speaking of jackets, this varsity inspired one would be so cool come spring.
- The best cardigan ever for layering/lounging/traveling/all of the things is now on sale! I have two colors and loooove it.
- This pink sweater is so pretty.
- This is also a great H&M sweater.
- Speaking of sweaters, Everlane introduced a new boat neck cashmere one and it’s so pretty.
- This hoodie is so street style ready.
- These Nikes are so cool with the leather detail.
- Love this top! (Reminds me of this one I own!)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 2017 best sellers.
- My new habits for 2018.
- What to wear when it is freezing.
- Some insecurities I’ve been battling.
- A preppy look & talking personal style.
- The best beauty products I tried in 2017.
- Pretty neutrals.