Despite it being the first full week of the year, it flew by. The best part of my week was taking my first French class at Coucou – I’m dusting off my French minor! And the low point was waking up with a migraine yesterday which kind of shot my whole day. I had to stay in bed for the first part of the day but finally peeled myself up around 1 and got some work done but felt pretty awful. I have a long history with headaches and used to get migraines far more frequently but despite that I still am always amazed at how much they can make you feel downright miserable.
This weekend I have a farewell for a friend moving back West, another friend in town from Boston and some workouts on my calendar. I will also be doing my French homework (!) and hopefully get in some downtime, too. What do you have planned!?
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I made a lot of little tweaks to the site! Since re-launching the design in November there have been a few kinks to work out and just a few things that I didn’t love so I’m glad I finally took the time to implement those edits.
- Speaking of site changes, inspired by the recent frigid temperatures in New York and some major wanderlust for sun, I added a new section to the shop: Warm Weather Getaways! If you have a beach vacation coming up be sure to check out the picks. I found some super cute stuff.
- Made Merritt’s delicious butternut squash noodles twice! So easy & so good! The second time I made them I actually roasted the butternut squash instead of sautéing and then I added half an avocado on top. I DEVOURED it for lunch. (Still working on that veggie intake and let me just say, goat cheese helps.)
- Had some great meetings about possible future projects for both of my businesses which left me feeling super excited for the year ahead.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Love this look of Julia’s.
- This Gucci space – wow!
- Grace always has the best book recommendations (she reads so much! #goals) so I always look forward to her monthly reading list.
- Loved Liz’s advice on streamlining your wardrobe.
- Food trends we’ll be seeing in 2018!
- I adore the vibes in this Parisian apartment.
- Google Flight hacks.
- These look so yummy!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I adore this sunny skirt! It is perfect
- Love the slouchy fit of this sweater.
- A more stylish + feminine take on the classic white collared shirt.
- You guys know I love a cool collar (exhibit A, exhibit B) so I obviously love this top.
- These Madewell jeans are great.
- I keep hearing great things about this sweater on Instagram.
- If you’re in the market for a bag perfect for dressier occasions, this one is so classic + beautiful! (Barney’s private label line is really nice quality in case you’ve never shopped from it before!)
- Super into the colors that Outdoor Voices just released. (Their pants are my favs!)
- This jacket is the perfect blend of edgy meets chic.
- Speaking of jackets, this varsity inspired one would be so cool come spring.
- The best cardigan ever for layering/lounging/traveling/all of the things is now on sale! I have two colors and loooove it.
- This pink sweater is so pretty.
- This is also a great H&M sweater.
- Speaking of sweaters, Everlane introduced a new boat neck cashmere one and it’s so pretty.
- This hoodie is so street style ready.
- These Nikes are so cool with the leather detail.
- Love this top! (Reminds me of this one I own!)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 2017 best sellers.
- My new habits for 2018.
- What to wear when it is freezing.
- Some insecurities I’ve been battling.
- A preppy look & talking personal style.
- The best beauty products I tried in 2017.
- Pretty neutrals.
thank you so much for linking to my post, meghan! xx
Of course!! Thanks for the always great recommendations!
Those Google Flight hacks are so good!
Right!? So glad you also found them helpful!