This week was a much better pace than last! I stuck to my guns and protected my rule of two work days in Brooklyn which allowed me to get a lot of writing done (yay!) and accomplish a lot of errands on my to do list that I had been avoiding like setting up a new PO box and going to Goodwill (how thrilling – ha!)
This weekend I’m going to be celebrating a friend’s birthday, seeing I, Tonya and prepping for next week’s trip to San Francisco! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Tried a Refine Method class and it was so HARD! I love trying new workouts but I find interval or HIIT classes so challenging.
- Attended a West Elm press preview & their forthcoming collections are sooooo good!
- Signed on for a fun consulting project with a major brand that I’m excited to help on the PR front.
- Got my quarterly Beauty Rx glycolic peel at Blushington! I love how my skin looks after these and makeup goes on effortlessly afterwards, too.
- Sat down to strategize additional content for w&w – I’m feeling so energized about the posts I have planned!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I loved viewing some of the Haute Couture collections from Paris! Chanel was of course gorgeous.
- A friend sent me this piece on maintaining friendships after she read this post I wrote this week. I thought it was a great read! A lot of the pieces of advice resonated with me in particular because they were things I had to learn how to do when I moved away from my best friends in California to come to NYC.
- Last Friday over coffee my friend Erika recommended this video to me as we talked about the hustle of doing what we do for a living. I loved the sentiment and energy behind it. (It’s under 5 minutes so a quick view!)
- I loved Krystal’s outfit here that I could A) never pull off but B) adored for its Parisian / Audrey Hepburn vibes.
- I’m kind of intrigued to try one of these body contour devices!
- This recipe sounds delicious.
- My friend Merritt shared so many good tips for eating healthy on the go. She is such an inspiration for healthy living!
- Time Out’s guide to Instagrammy places in NYC. (And here is mine!)
- I loved this post on workout tips because the 3 items outlined are beliefs I subscribe to!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I updated the Under $100 Shop section with loads of great new finds so be sure to check it out!
- I LOVED the Soludos slides I bought last year and I wore them all summer. They sold out everywhere last year but I just spotted their newest pair which is super cute with two knots.
- This hat looks so much like Rag & Bone but is about 1/4 of the price.
- BaubleBar has some GREAT new arrivals!
- This sweater! I love the sleeves + the color combo. (Also in the Under $100 Shop but I loved it so much it deserved its own bullet, too ;)).
- I love the fun play on the hem of this skirt.
- This wishbone necklace would make the sweetest gift.
- The bows make these flats so pretty!
- I’m not allowed to buy any more coats this year but I LOVE this one! The fit is so chic and now it’s on sale, too!
- This skirt will be so cute come spring. (I’d also wear it with tights though in the fall!)
- Speaking of skirts, this one is a beautiful take on a classic pencil skirt but so much more interesting for a work day outfit!
- Everlane launched a pair of $50 pants perfect for work! They’d look so chic with an oversized blazer and pair of loafers.
- I feel like finding a great white tee is harder than it should be but love the fit of this one.
- How pretty is this top?!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Changes coming to wit & whimsy.
- My favorite travel tips + hacks.
- A look at an average day for me.
- Thoughts on friendships.
- Cute workout clothes – all under $100.
- New habits for the new year.
Thanks for including me, lady!! But I have to disagree — you could TOTALLY pull off that outfit! 🙂
You flatter me, friend!! Have a great weekend!! xx
Not to knock the fascia blaster – I’m sure it works and the price is actually less than I expected – but you can probably achieve the exact same results with a good foam roller (even an expensive one is only $20) and The Stick ($20). Amazon actually has a combo with both for only $15 (https://tinyurl.com/yb9dpsgh)!
VERY good point! I love my foam roller so much so not sure I’d use a fancy blaster ha!