Oof this week. It did me in a little. Monday night I had a major case of insomnia and it threw me off. It also rained nearly all week which was a bit of a drag, too! On the upside, it had me buckling down and getting loads of work done. For the first time in a while I felt ahead of schedule on blog work and I also got work underway for a new consulting client.
This weekend I have some fun plans with friends including one who just returned from spending five months in New Zealand so I can’t wait to catch up with her. I’m also attending an event with Reese Witherspoon!
I hope you have a great weekend & I’ll see you back here Monday!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Went to test out Reebok’s new Pure Move sports bra and have to say I was super impressed. I find it really hard to find sports bras that perform well as someone who has a chest that really does require support. This Pure Move one fit the bill!
- Indulged in a catch up lunch with my dear friend Jaime at my favorite NYC spot, ABC Kitchen!
- Worked on planning for my Paris trip! Briony and I are going to spend the first portion of my trip together (she’s coming down from the UK!) and I am so excited to explore the city we both love so much together.
- Treated myself to a massage! I decided to do this once a quarter if I can. I always walk out feeling better and that it was worth the spend.
- Hired a new intern to help with wit & whimsy – so excited to bring her on board!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Did you see the amazing Ralph Lauren 50th Anniversary celebration? It looked absolutely stunning. They tented an iconic part of Central Park! I could hardly believe my eyes looking at all the snaps. Magical.
- This young man is so inspiring.
- How delicious does this dish sound?
- Helpful tips to protect your phone and data when traveling (some super handy tips here!)
- Have you ever saged your home? I bought some in June and have to admit I kinda love the practice of it.
- I love cacio e pepe SO much but have never even thought to make it! I definitely want to attempt this recipe this winter.
- Was fun to be quoted in this Today.com piece on boots for Fall!
- Finding a mentor can be a difficult thing and something we tend to think about most as we’re just getting started with our careers. I enjoyed Geri’s thoughts and reminder that there is no age cap on finding someone who inspires and guides you.
- Merritt is a fellow BBG’er and created these circuits that can easily be done while traveling and without equipment. Book marking for my Paris trip next month (my BBG journey here)!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Alert! My Teddy Coat came back!! They restocked it. You guys, this was one of the best things I purchased this past Winter. So many compliments. Oh so cozy. Styled here.
- How great is this moto jacket from Ann Taylor?
- I love this J.Crew sweater. And this one!
- This t-shirt really speaks my language lol.
- This blouse has my name all over it. Think I need it for Paris!
- I love my Spanx faux leather leggings so much so instantly wanted the new velvet version they released! I also love how they are shown styled. So.damn.chic.
- Anthropologie’s boot selection is so good right now! I especially love these and these. (P.S. They are also doing 40% off select Fall pieces!)
- This celestial necklace would be great for every day wear.
- I had so much fun sporting a beret last Fall & Winter (see here) that I think I’ll get one in another color for Paris!
- Aren’t these flats so gorgeous?
- Wouldn’t these affordable candles make such a great gift?
- So many good pairs of Levi’s at great prices here.
- Loving these neutral Adidas sneakers.
- The color of this sweater is so pretty.
- I keep hearing about ice rollers – have any of you tried it? At under $10 I figure I should give it a go!
- Heaven help my wallet, I am so in love with this Gucci bag.
- Ooo I love the look of this new book on hygge.
- The coat I got so much wear out of last year is back for the season. It’s an investment for sure but I loved all the chic detail from the oversized collar to the leather paneling. I wore it here, here and here.
- I just bought these gold hair pins for new-fuss buns.
- Love this under $100 chunky knit.
- Another pretty bucket bag for fall.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- All my favorite NYC-related posts.
- My go-to recipes.
- Classic Fall wardrobe staples all under $150.
- A peek at an average work from home day for me.
- A tank I love for date nights.
- Opening up about my battle with thyroid disease.
- Lots of cute polka dot pieces.