This week started out on a high note by being Upstate for a little fresh mountain air but took a turn for the worse when I learned of a loved one being diagnosed with cancer and another person in my circle also awaiting results having had cancerous cells biopsied. News like this always has a way of shaking you and reminding you how precious life is and how work stress (of which I’ve had a ton this week) and other things all can be put into prospective. I’m heading into the weekend feeling a bit solemn as one might expect but glad my plans involve a lot of friend time. Anyhow, not to start Friday off on a downer note but as positive as this space usually is, there’s also times where I have a hard time keeping up appearances.
In lighter news, I’m going to do a big beauty giveaway by randomly drawing from my newsletter subscribers early next month. If you don’t already get new posts to your inbox (+ my monthly newsletter) you can subscribe here.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Went back to The Catskills and Scribner’s Lodge with Carly for a little mountain air and R&R and so much good food!
- I started Season 3 of Serial and you guys, it is riveting. So concerning, so eye-opening. Anyone else listening?
- I added a Paris category under the Travel section of the site’s menu! You can now find all my Paris-related content there. I honestly had the best time sharing recommendations with you guys during a Paris-related Instagram Q&A last week and I loved hearing how much of you also share such sweet sentiments about the city of lights.
- Checked out Everlane’s new outerwear collection which was made with 3 million recycled plastic bottles! They’ve committed to using only renewed plastic by the year 2021 which is just another reason why I love this brand so much.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The other day I saw Amazon has opened a 4 Star Product store in Soho – such a good idea! You can shop products that all have a 4 star rating or higher. I can’t wait to check it out when I have time.
- This is the time of year I start to crave roasted veggies and this brussels sprouts recipe sounds so good!
- Movies to watch when you’re having a bad day (or month! or year!)
- Yessss, The Cut launched a podcast!
- I loved reading Carly’s app recommendations. (I, too, love Unfold!)
- A few frequently asked finance questions answered.
- Tips for applying blush.
- Podcasts that’ll motivate you.
- 14 festive cocktail recipes to bookmark for upcoming fall dinners & holidays.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- So many good arrivals at J.Crew: This coat, this blouse, this sweater, this fuzzy cardigan and this velvet top. (And you can score 25% off your purchase right now!)
- These boots look more designer than Sam Edelman and have great reviews. (The black suede pair looks super similar to my beloved Loeffler Randall booties I wear non-stop.)
- I’ve been dealing with super congested skin lately and have been reaching for this Kiehl’s mask each week. I really love how my skin feels less clogged and more taught after use.
- I love the look of this slouchy sweater.
- This is a great, classic car coat from Gap.
- Also from Gap, this versatile blouse has the prettiest feminine details.
- I love this striped sweater.
- Always love a little ruffle detail on a sweater.
- How good is this dress!?
- This Uniqlo cardigan is super similar to the one I wore here.
- I saw a girl wearing this skirt in my neighborhood this past weekend and she looked so chic.
- This plaid coat is so great and an even better price.
- This is such a chic sweater dress. I love the color and the length.
- How cozy do these sweats look? Same with these!
- So much yes to this cozy teddy-style bomber jacket. Perfect for weekends.
- Jonathan Adler just launched an exclusive-to-Amazon line! So many good finds.
- Before my Paris trip I popped into Everlane and bought this sweater in black and then traveled to/from Europe wearing it and it so soft, so cozy and perfectly slouchy in a Medium. I love it.
- Love love love this polka dot top.
- For those of you with holiday travel coming up, this organizer and travel case are so good and you can monogram them!
- Lots of great new finds are in the Fall section of the shop.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How to handle a career rut.
- Beauty products I’ve been loving this month.
- Why I’m excited for the next few months.
- Random facts about me.
- Tips for part time bloggers.
- Great scarves to top any outfit.
- Fall trends you can wear on a budget.