This week was so busy that by the end of Tuesday I thought it was Thursday! Yikes, haha. I was talking with girlfriends on Tuesday night about how this time of year always feels like such a marathon. A marathon of staying afloat, staying focused and just staying on top of work, social obligations, friendships and self care. It is tough. Who else feels this way right now?
The good news is that all the work this week was well worth it as I’m taking today off to spend it with one of my BFFs who is in town from California for the weekend! Even better is that another one of my college best friends arrives Sunday to hang with us! I am so excited. I always love having visitors and I can’t wait to soak up the best of Fall in the city with them this weekend. (And eat all the good things, of course!)
Hope you have a good weekend & I’ll see you back here on Monday!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Went to an Ann Taylor press preview and you guys, the collections coming out starting in February are AMAZING. The shoes are utterly incredible in particular. And by the way they are doing a Friends & Family event with 40% off right now! How good is this coat, this dress, this faux fur stole, these shoes, this top and so many good sweaters, too!
- Finally went to get proper dim sum on the Lower East Side of New York City. I had never done this since I’ve lived here! We went to Nom Wah Tea Parlor and it was delicious.
- Picked the winners for recent giveaways! Alex B. of Denver won the beauty giveaway for newsletter subscribers and Allison F. of Durham for winning the holiday shopping giveaway!
- Got my hair cut! It’s pretty short so I’m looking forward to having a fresh style and less blonde on my ends! Here’s who cuts my hair.
- Shot some fun holiday content that’ll be coming to the blog soon!
- Speaking of holiday, I attended the Space NK holiday preview and oh my gosh do they have some gorgeous sets, exclusive gifts and beautiful limited edition items this year. I was practically drooling as I saw everything!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I’m super excited to hear that the DryBar founders are launching a massage concept!
- Eva Chen is a favorite follow on Instagram & this was a great read about how she ended up at Instagram.
- This new NYT column sounds so great.
- Loved reading about my friend Carly’s recent trip to Paris. (I’m working through all my forthcoming Paris content! Coming soon ;)).
- I love the sound of everything on this Fall wellness list.
- This recipe round up of easy to make Thanksgiving sides had my mouth watering.
- One of the best takeaways I learned from Marie Kondo’s book was how I organize my dresser drawers. Here’s how to do it.
- I love giving books to my friend’s children and these all look so special.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Are you a Sephora VIB? Their 20% sale is now open for all VIB members! My favorite at-Sephora products can be found here and don’t miss their holiday-specific limited edition sets and curations! So much goodness for yourself + for gifting!
- This is a great tote for work.
- I love this patchwork sweater.
- How pretty is this velvet dress? And only $80!
- So glad Everlane brought back their cashmere scarf! I have it and it is so cozy and soft that I am always reaching for it.
- I love this plaid coat. (And that it is under $200!)
- These are great jeans for Fall weekend outings.
- I love the burgundy color of this casual sweater.
- This is a cute parka jacket.
- OMG a cashmere hoodie sweater? Sounds like what I want to live in all Winter.
- Eberjey PJs are one of my favorite indulgences and this top looks equally as cozy.
- The ruffle details on this sweater are so pretty.
- This coat is definitely a bit of an investment but so chic.
- This is such a good striped tee and only $25.
- These Madewell jeans are a great dupe for my favorite Rag & Bone distressed grey jeans.
- And these Topshop jeans look like another pair of Rag & Bone jeans that I wear a lot.
- How perfect are these black booties?
- Ok, this may be the ultimate party skirt.
- Nordstrom just started carrying this slipper/flats brand that Meghan Markle has been known to wear.
- I didn’t realize that Athleta had so much cool stuff outside of workout clothes until this week! I saw SO many chic yet practical jackets and sweaters in their store this week so had to share!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Gift ideas from small businesses.
- How to spend 36 hours in Rome.
- Styling a skirt + sweater both under $100.
- Making a case for being less busy.
- Favorite drugstore beauty products.
- Peak Fall in Central Park and a stylish + affordable blazer.
- All my favorite shoes.
- How I handle breakouts.
- My go-to recipes.
I just love your weekly roundups so much. Now off to explore the 30+ tabs open on my phone! There’s just so much good stuff!
You are the sweetest!!