This week was brutal as I got in super late Sunday night and woke up for three conference calls back to back on Monday morning during which I sensed a tickle in my throat. Catching a cold after four planes in two weeks, a lot of stress and a lack of sleep was not surprising so I spent all week popping Zicam like it was my job, drinking tons of fluids and trying to keep it at bay. I’m hoping to be able to enjoy the weekend nevertheless!
This month’s Affordable Finds will be up tomorrow so keep an eye out for that and I hope you have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Donated a coat to J.Crew coat drive and donated two bags of clothes to Goodwill as part of my Kindness Campaign. I also sent a card to a St. Jude’s family.
- Shot some fun holiday content – a lot of which is coming to you next week!
- Buckled down to fight this cold and get a lot of work done.
- Bought a Christmas tree!
- Celebrate the holidays and a year of work with my wit & whimsy team <3.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Beauty hacks that won’t cost you anything.
- Good advice for when you’re feeling lost. (So glad my friend Grace shared this!)
- Are these the coolest kids in NYC? The NYT thinks so. So much cuteness.
- How to work out when you work too much.
- I loved this story about a recovered engagement ring.
- Swooning over this Parisian apartment tour.
- Look, ma! I’m on the J.McLaughlin website!
- I’m so glad that Bleecker Street here in New York is getting new life breathed into it.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This bag is great for weekends and looks more expensive than $55.
- This is such a stylish pair of booties.
- So many good Home gifts are now at Nordstrom.
- The Everlane cashmere crew now comes in 30 colors! I have it in two colors and it is such great quality for its $100 price tag.
- Nordstrom is now carrying the beautiful Monica Vinader jewelry line.
- Ooo la la Reformation’s new NYE collection has some beautiful pieces.
- I got the Boden catalog in the mail the other day and was practically drooling over their current coat collection. SO many good ones.
- This is such a great jumpsuit! Reminds me of the this one.
- This is a great slouchy turtleneck.
- I love the details on this LBD.
- This is also a cute LBD!
- How cute is this tie neck blouse?
- Nordstrom has a ton of great markdowns on J.Crew. Particularly love this fuzzy cardigan which is similar to one I own.
- I love these sleek boots that are now on sale.
- This lace midi dress is so my style.
- Lots of new updates in the shop under Fall + Winter Favorites, Under $100 and Cozy & Casual.
- Thinking I may need to book a warm weather getaway for this winter just so I have an excuse to buy these mules.
- How cute are these short stools? Perfect for adding a little extra seating in a small NYC apartment!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- A passion project around spreading kindness.
- Styling faux leather leggings 4 ways.
- How to get out of a career rut.
- My favorite places to stay in Paris.
- Great gifts under $50.
- Styling a plaid coat + turtleneck.
- My current favorite travel outfit.
I’ve loved reading about your kindness challenge. Such a fun challenge for this time of year and beyond!
So appreciate the kind words, Caitlin!! Happy Holidays to you!