This week was such a nice one. I returned to Brooklyn late Saturday night and spent Sunday at hot yoga, grocery shopping and cooking, unpacking and playing catch up on a few things. I rang in NYE with friends and then have been slowly getting back into the groove of things while also catching up with friends this week. I have two birthday parties this weekend but otherwise no plans so I’ll be soaking up the last of the downtime before I return to reality on Monday and dive (fully) back into work. Hope you all had a great (short) week and enjoy the weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Got to catch up with my friend Charlie who was in town from London. Her Instagram is amazing if you like interiors. We first met in Copenhagen last year and then got together when I was in London. It was fun to catch up with her on my turf in Brooklyn this week.
- Booked a week long trip to Southern California! I am going to visit LA to see friends and then my college girlfriends are all reuniting in Palm Springs for a weekend!
- Watched a few episodes of Netflix’s new Marie Kondo series. I much prefer the book and if you want the cliff notes of her best takeaways, look no further than here.
- Started to get back into the groove of things. I got my apartment in order, did some good self care and got back to tackling my inboxes and to do lists.
- Ordered a new plant! Apparently I’m going to be a plant person in 2019?
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How to plan a trip that’s relaxing and not overwhelming.
- Can’t wait to try some of these new NYC restaurants.
- How to make great cocktails at home.
- 11 ways to be a better person in 2019. (I am always amazed at how little so many people do #2!)
- What deep breathing does to your body.
- I loved Into the Gloss’ list of best beauty takeaways for 2018.
- How good do these pumpkin energy balls sound?
- How fun! A walk around Paris with Christian Louboutin.
- I read this book and this book during the holidays and really enjoyed both! Easy + quick reads. The Dollhouse had a great mystery element, too.
- This is one of my favorite food blogs so I loved seeing what their favorite recipes from 2018 were.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Shopbop is doing an extra 25% off their sale! Included are the booties I’ve been wearing loads.
- Speaking of sales, a lot of the items I wore in this post are now marked down!
- I am obsessed with this bag for Spring / Summer!
- Anthropologie has a lot of great new arrivals! I particularly love this top, this throw, this top and these wine glasses.
- Love these chic looking pajamas.
- The perfect black flat.
- This dress looks so flattering.
- West Elm brought back one of my favorite picture frames. It’s even prettier in person!
- A classic Barbour jacket on sale!
- This is a great black bootie now on sale.
- I love this as a work bag.
- I just bought my favorite Levi’s I wore all of last year in the new dark wash that came out! (Did a bit of shopping before my January spending freeze kicked in lol.)
- Love this oversized check coat.
- How cozy does this sweater look? Love the button detail on the side.
- Loving Everlane’s new denim – especially the button up jeans!
- Hello, loads of good new arrivals at J.Crew!
- I got so many inquiries about the croissant box on my InstaStories this week – it was a gift from my brother and sister in law for Christmas and can we talk about how on brand it is for me!? HA! I love it.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 2018’s most popular posts.
- A look back on my 2018.
- My 2019 goals.
- Everything you guys loved in 2018.
- The jacket I can’t stop wearing.
- A favorite recent outfit.
- A review of the Everlane Day Boot.