I’m so relieved it is Friday. I need this weekend badly to try and reboot. It was one of those weeks that completely drained me mentally and emotionally and there were a lot of tears shed. I was so grateful I had all my blog posts done for the week and that I was able to reschedule some things on my calendar because my motivation levels were near zero. I have no plans tomorrow besides heading to mass but Sunday I’m looking forward to seeing a movie with some friends and then heading to the spa to get a massage and some R&R.
I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend-I’m grateful for your readership!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Started The Five Minute Journal. I’m excited to have a way to be more reflective. Have any of you tried it?
- Last Friday I booked a trip to Australia for November! This was not a trip on my radar for this year but when I saw in a flight newsletter a fare for $600 Round Trip I bit the bullet and booked it! Send me any recommendations of where I should go in addition to Sydney and would love any restaurant recommendations, too!
- Had a call with New York Cares to arrange a group volunteering outing – I’m hoping to get this scheduled on the books for next month so stay tuned for details if you’re NYC based. I would LOVE to meet you IRL as we do good in our community.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I loved Briony’s ideas for how to have a great 2019.
- Speaking of a great 2019, I signed up for the New York Times 30 Day wellness challenge!
- I loved Amy’s capsule wardrobe post. Her style is my favorite.
- How to maintain a vacation mindset when you’re most certainly not on vacation.
- Ways to be better with your money this year.
- Allana is basically the only YouTuber I follow and I just loved seeing what her favorite makeup products in 2018 were. (My favorite 2018 beauty discoveries can be seen here.)
- I always love the NYT 52 places to visit this year.
- I’ve been hearing a lot about this new Netflix show & after reading this Q&A about the inspiration, it is at the top of my binge list.
- If you enjoyed my post about BBG, here is another helpful one, too. Ashley is in my accountability group!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- One of my favorite sweaters I bought last month and now it is majorly on sale. I sized up to a large. The cuff detail is my favorite part.
- Reformation just launched a weddings collection full of stunning bridal and attendee dresses. SO much pretty.
- Love these classic pumps from Ann Taylor.
- How pretty are these Kate Spade earrings?
- Love the oversize fit on this classic white button down.
- I love a marble phone case.
- This (investment) tee you guys all loved that I wore here is finally back in stock! (I wear it in a medium).
- How beautiful is this top for nights out? And under $90!
- Love this utility jacket. Would be so great for Spring + Fall.
- These distressed Madewell black jeans are made for the weekend.
- Everlane just dropped more fun colors of their perfect and classic cashmere sweater.
- Love this affordable sweater jacket.
- I love the ruffle detail on this sweater.
- These are a great classic suede bootie.
- Yes to this chic faux leather jacket under $100.
- Topshop is owning the handbag game right now, obsessed with this cage one, this velvet one, this top handle one, and this one with a beautiful tortoise handle.
- I’ve been hearing great things about these Sam Edelman boots.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The beauty products I loved the most in 2018.
- My favorite cozy items for this time of year.
- What I’m trying to do better this year.
- My full, detailed review of the Bikini Body Guide (BBG) workouts.
- 3 perfect days in Paris.
- My travel essentials.
- My favorite posts about New York City.
- Affordable wardrobe finds for Winter.
[Image via this post]