This week felt a bit restorative. Well, apart from blowing a fuse in my apartment on Monday night that took out all my kitchen and bathroom power and then also breaking out into an inexplicable neck rash on Tuesday….! That aside, after being wrecked last week, I took this week to dive into work and tackle my to do list in a serious way. I had good catch up time with friends and got a lot done so that I can properly enjoy the weekend. I have plans to take a boxing class with my brother and also end Sunday with my favorite hot yoga class.
Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend & I’ll see you back here Monday!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Got my first delivery from Winc. Instead of signing up from an individual winery for their wine club, I am testing out Winc and I have to say – it is so nice to get a monthly delivery of 4 bottles! This was one of my goals for the year – to join a wine club of sorts – and I’m so glad I started it already. (You choose how many bottles of red vs. white you’d like and you can also skip any month.)
- I was quoted in a fun piece on Today.com!
- Brought back the Warm Weather Getaways portion of The Shop. If you’re planning one in the coming weeks this has loads of cute things for you to pack. Also, take me with you!?
- Caught up with girlfriends over delicious dinners on Wednesday & Thursday. (Whitmans and Charlie Bird, respectively.)
- Went into Nexxus Salon to get a gloss and actually ended up getting rid of my existing blonde that I’ve been growing out forever. It was taking a long time to back to my natural color so the colorist Mary ended up matching my natural color and voila, I’m a brunette. I’ll debut it on the blog soon but you can get a sneak peek if you follow me on Instagram @meghandono.
- Also got a treatment at Skin Laundry. I am *almost* past all my hormonal chin breakouts and am hoping this 15 minute laser + light facial will help to resolve it once and for all as a last step of treatment. (Friendly PSA that your first treatment here is free! They’re in other cities, too.)
- Got my eyes checked after five or six years! This was so needed. I’ve had glasses for long distance for many years but lately had been feeling a lot of eye strain. I did in fact need a new Rx and had a great experience getting my eye exam at Warby Parker in Soho and then ended up ordering these glasses to use while I’m on my phone or on my computer to compliment my distance glasses. The doctor told me that while I’m not nearsighted, due to the amount I am on a laptop or on my phone, based on her tests I would benefit from “computer glasses.” I cannot wait to have these!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- 6 podcast recommendations.
- A quick cure if you’re having a bad day.
- Krystal’s photos from Lake Como have me adding the destination to my wanderlust list.
- I always love seeing the Create & Cultivates 100. This year’s list is full of inspiration.
- What an amazing discovery in this soon-to-be Paris store!
- I was drooling after seeing the Dior Haute Couture collection this week. The Valentino show was equally jaw dropping.
- I made this chili last weekend (added black beans in for the last hour of cooking) and it was DELICIOUS. Reminded me of the hearty chilis I order on cold days skiing out in Colorado.
- I’m excited to check out the new Chanel beauty store opening in Soho next week!
- This Man Repeller article about those moments in life that signal you’re finally a grown up made me laugh this week.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This is a great, lightweight puffer jacket. Perfect for to/from workouts and weekends!
- J.Crew just launched so many cute new arrivals! As soon as my shopping ban has been lifted, I’ll be picking up this top, this sweater, these jeans and this darling sweatshirt.
- Speaking of new arrivals, lots of goodness just landed at Mango.
- So in love with this wrap cardigan.
- A cute turtleneck similar to the one I wore here.
- Saw a girl on the subway with this bag this week and it looked super chic in person. The perfect work bag. (Psst..on sale!)
- So many good Levi’s available on Amazon Fashion right now!
- Another cute turtleneck that would look so darling under white or navy sweaters.
- I love a red coat and this one is gorgeous and only $99 (looks almost identical to mine!)
- I love the wash of these jeans for Spring & Summer.
- I need these comfy pants.
- These chic sneakers are super similar to my favorite investment pair Common Projects.
- I am obsessed with this dress. Definitely going to get it once my shopping ban lifts.
- Clearly I have Spring on the brain, but is this not the most darling romper?
- This is such a cute sweater jacket.
- Aren’t these earrings from Anthropologie beautiful?
- My coat from this post is now discounted further! (I’m wearing a Small.)
- One of my favorite brands, Cuyana, just introduced some beautiful looking body pieces. I love body suits so much these days so have my eye on that!
- These woven mules are too perfect for summer.
- Madewell is having a great sale this weekend! I’m loving this ruffle top, this eyelet top, this midi sweater dress, and this sweater.
- I love this pretty midi dress. Would be so great styled with a leather jacket and heeled booties.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Items I’ve been loving of late.
- My favorite ways to get super cozy during hibernation weather.
- Styling my teddy coat again + sharing loads of other cute styles.
- Favorite beauty products recently.
- Things making me smile of late.
- My go-to recipes.
- Ways to upgrade your wardrobe for the season but on the cheap.
[Photo via this post]