This week wasn’t my finest. I was consumed by agitation and anxiety for much of it unfortunately. That being said, this past Tuesday’s snowstorm did give me the perfect excuse to stay at my computer all of Tuesday and write, write, write. I also took a walk outside in the snow before I sat down to my desk and I need to remember this for the future. A walk can truly be so beneficial for my mindset. In great news though, I just confirmed a very exciting trip for which I’m leaving next Friday! I can’t wait to share more soon and very soon with you guys!
Have a wonderful (long!) weekend. I have a bunch of fun plans with friends this weekend (love when lots of us remain in town on a holiday weekend!) I’ll see you all back here next Tuesday!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Checked out the new Nest store on Elizabeth Street in Nolita and it is beautiful. It’s on one of my favorite blocks in the city and they did a gorgeous job. You can now shop their amazing candles, perfumes and the new body line that I fell in love with.
- Asked for your guys’ feedback! I asked initially on Instagram Stories but I’d love to hear from you in the Comments below or via email – what product(s) have you bought at my recommendation and loved? I’m going to put them all into a Reader’s Choice sort of post!
- I got in the mail the Lou & Grey sweatshirt + sweatpants I mentioned in this post and you guys – they are amazing. I went with the sweatshirt in a Medium and the pants in the small and I want to live in both. Styled together they actually look chic vs. frumpy and I can’t recommend both enough. The pants keep selling out so act fast!
- Bought a new camera! I have been using the same DSLR since about 2006 so I am excited to have a new camera to play around with. This is the one I bought after hearing such great things. The guy at the camera shop also told me he has personally sold over 200 units of this camera and people love it. I can’t wait to take it out for a test drive!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I thought this was such a good read on minimizing work stress.
- How to better spend your money based on how you spend your time.
- I love how Ralph Lauren made their most recent fashion show more of an experience. (I am obsessed with the new Ralph’s Coffee!)
- This is such an important read about how under-regulated our cosmetics industry is in the U.S. I am by no means an expert in clean beauty but I am trying to be more aware of what goes into the products I use regularly. (Here are some of the clean beauty products I’ve liked.)
- Have you heard the philosophy, “We are the average of the five people we spend the most time with”? This was a really interesting read on how romantic relationships play into that.
- I really enjoyed this honest and thought-provoking essay by Garance Dore on gaining weight and the relationship we all have with food and with our bodies.
- Since I am largely paralyzed by the idea of choosing art, I thought Grace’s post on the topic was very helpful.
- Who else is excited for the return of The Bold Type? I love this show!
- This video made me cry.
- I stumbled across this article from last year that talks about how Google creates strong teams within the company. It was a great read for anyone in a leadership position.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Ahhh the new Spring Arrivals at Shopbop are so, so good.
- Madewell has some great new arrivals, too. I love this top, these chic earrings, these jeans and this utility jacket that’s like mine I bought last year that sold out in a heartbeat (seen here.) They also finally restocked my bodysuit that I love! I have the short sleeve and long sleeve versions – it’s so great for layering under sweaters and blazers.
- Speaking of utility jackets, Everlane’s new one is super cute, too.
- Love this polka dot button down. (Similar to one I own.)
- This hooded rain coat is so darling while also being practical. And under $100!
- The watch I wear every day is only $50 and finally restocked!
- These are a cute way to take the mule trend into Spring.
- I bought these earrings randomly in Nolita this week and I love them! They are perfectly dainty for my style.
- The white slingbacks I’ve worn here, here & here are now on sale!
- Speaking of white, love this casual white turtleneck.
- I just picked up this workout tank in 2 colors and this one, too. I am so, so picky about workout tops (a lot look awful on people with boobs *eye roll*) but these worked to add to my rotation. Other favorites here.
- I also just got these jeans in the mail and they are amazing! I ordered them in a 28 and Ankle length and they are truly perfect. Can’t wait to shoot them so you guys can see them!
- The bag I carry all summer (and get so many compliments on) is back in stock for the season!
- My friend Carly shared this sweater on her blog this week & I cannot get over it.
- How cute is the ruffle detail on this top? Perfect for a night out!
- After this week’s post on hair accessories, someone reached out sharing that BaubleBar also has cute options – I had no idea! Look how darling these barrettes are and how great is this oversized bow?
- If you have any warm weather getaways coming up, I’m loving this romper, this eyelet dress, and these nude mules.
- The dusty pink color of this suede biker jacket is both unexpected and so cute for spring.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Tips for part time bloggers.
- My latest round of questions and answers!
- Everything I found noteworthy this month.
- Cute hair accessories to upgrade any outfit.
- Great wines under $25.
- A fun top to wear for nights out.
[Image via this post]
This is the cutest outfit! I hope you have a relaxing and fun weekend 🙂
Thanks, Melanie! Have a wonderful weekend, too!
So many favorites that you have recommended, but I think my most used and most loved are: Heat Tech from Uniqlo, Brooklinen sheets and duvet (have even given as gifts!), and everything from Everlane!
I absolutely love hearing this!! Thanks for sharing!
Really enjoy your blog. Messaging you in the Dominican Republic in an attempt to get away from a very harsh Canadian winter. Looking forward to reading about your next travel adventure.
Aw thank you, Margo! So glad you got away to somewhere warm!
Thank you so much for including me!
Had no idea The Bold Type is back so soon – YAY!
So welcome! Have a great weekend, friend!
Loving this roundup and wishing you a relaxing and fun weekend!
The Style Scribe
Thank you sweet, friend!
So agree about workout tops/boobs! 😉 The struggle is real. Thanks for directing me toward some more flattering options. Recently discovered your site and I am obsessed!
So welcome!! Hope you like them!! And so glad you found me – yay!!