We’ve made it to Friday and I’ve been so glad to be surrounded by friends and sun this week. I will be ready to get back to NYC on Sunday but have a crazy busy work week next week so am trying to just take deep breaths and look towards next weekend when I’ll have no plans and hopefully plenty of downtime in my own bed ;).
Hope you have a great weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday! xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Spent the week in LA and am now in Palm Springs for the weekend with my college BFFs. I’m going to do my best to be 100% present and largely off social media for the weekend – wish me luck!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I was really moved by this article about seizing the day. I’ve had a lot of rough news this year in my personal life and when this happens I tend to stand still. My proactive and driven nature falls by the wayside and pajamas, the DVR and tears can take over easily. I am keeping this article open in a tab so I can revisit it again soon.
- I absolutely loved what my friend Briony wrote as a follow up to my post about being single. She shares her thoughts on how we must as a society stop projecting expectations on one another and I couldn’t agree more with the words she penned so eloquently. It’s so worth a read and I’m so grateful I had time with her the other week in London to have thoughtful, honest conversations about the challenges we face. Our friendship hasn’t been a long one but it has quickly become a very meaningful one to me.
- This NBC News segment on the Central African Republic really moved me and had me donating to Unicef to try and help the children being affected. Would love if you joined me.
- I was honored to be included in an article on Travel + Leisure this week.
- Learning to save and manage money can be a bit daunting and there is no one-size-fits-all approach. I found this post to be an insightful place to start.
- How to ask for a raise.
- Loved all of this travel beauty advice from flight attendants.
- Bookmarking a couple new to me spots in this Palm Springs guide for my weekend.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I love Everlane’s new casual $20 white tee. Also their new Spring sweaters.
- This utility jacket is so cute for spring.
- I have the long sleeve version of this top, its a great staple.
- How pretty are these rose gold hoop earrings?
- This top definitely falls into the “Look Longingly” category as its quite the splurge but so beautiful. I also like this similar option for under $60 and this one under $100.
- Love the look of this herringbone blazer.
- These white pants are such a good staple for spring and summer.
- I love the knot detail on these earrings.
- How cute is this striped dress for spring? I love this one too. Can you tell I’m ready for the warm weather?!
- This midi dress would have been so perfect my trip this week.
- If you don’t already own one, a classic silk tank like this one is a must. The styling options are endless,
- This pretty lace dress would be perfect for Easter or any other nicer event coming up.
- One can never go wrong with a chic white blazer, this one is under $50.
- This champagne candy gift set is such a perfect pick for any upcoming celebratory event.
- I am in love with the ruffle detail around the neckline of this dress.
- Julia’s March collection launched this week and I truly can’t get over this jumpsuit. I also love this one.
- This little pouch is too cute.
- M. Gemi & Draper James just launched a collaboration and its as perfect as you’d expect.
- My friend Merritt shared this slip dress on her blog this week and added it to my cart immediately.
- These mules are so chic and under $100.
- The perfect spring sweater.
- These neckerchiefs are so cute tied around a handbag or knotted around your neck.
- This brand makes some of my favorite pajamas, I’m interested in trying out their swimwear too like this one piece.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My trip to London with the London Eye & Madame Tussauds.
- A round up of Reader favorites.
- What I packed for my California trip.
- 48 Hours in LA.
- Spring getaway looks for under $150.
- My favorite bath products.
[Image via this post]