This week was a blur of meetings and too many late nights. I also had a continuation of tech problems. After my site crashed for five hours last Friday, it was like it ignited a host of other issues. My newsletter broke and wasn’t sending new posts out each morning to subscribers, my SEO plugin vanished from post drafts, my password to access the site’s backend kept not working despite numerous resets…you get the picture. Needless to say I am ready for the weekend!
Big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to share their feedback in this year’s reader survey. The responses thus far have been really thought provoking and I really appreciate you if you’ve weighed in! I will have it live for the next few days if you’re keen to help me out.
Hope you enjoy this week’s roundup (it’s a hefty one!) & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Was honored to be included in the latest issue of NewBeauty magazine! It’s on newsstands now in case you see it out in the world 🙂
- Watched through tears, in disbelief, as Notre Dame Cathedral burned earlier this week. As most readers know, Paris is my favorite city on earth and Notre Dame means much to me as a practicing Catholic. It is a space that has heard my prayers many a time and comforted me when I needed it. I am so thankful to all the firefighters who worked tirelessly to help minimize the destruction as much as they were able to. This video gave me chills and I loved hearing about the heroes who jumped in here. If you’d like to join me in donating to rebuilding the cathedral, here are 3 ways to get started.
- After MUCH demand, I have added my grain bowl recipe to the Lunch portion of the google doc from my go-to recipes!
- Watched a lot of Our Planet on Netflix. It’s so beautiful, eye-opening and heartbreaking at times.
- Added some items to my Amazon shop!
- Bought two more of my new favorite workout tank. I absolutely love the fit and cut of it. (I wear a Medium). More of my workout favorites here.
- Wore the Gap jeans from this post so much this week. I love their casual vibes and the lighter wash that’s perfect for Spring and Summer. And they’re only $80!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Strategies for splurging when you travel.
- I loved Krystal’s take on getting out of a funk.
- Have you ever done a phone cleanse? This diary was fun to recognize our addiction and had me thinking – could I do one!? Not sure I’d be able to do it!
- How to make friends at work.
- What “clean beauty” means.
- I loved my friend Briony’s spring bucket list (here is mine) and she looks so beautiful in the photos, doesn’t she!?
- Notre Dame as it has related to fashion over the years.
- Podcasts that will help you fulfill your potential.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This Michael Kors dress is so darling.
- Everlane’s new linen picnic top is so my style! Buying it.
- Yay for J.Crew’s cute new arrivals that landed this week. My favorites include this darling eyelet dress, this cute floral top, this easy to throw on and look put together dress, this versatile top and these jeans. (I always size down in J.Crew jeans FYI!)
- So many cute puff-sleeve tops. One of my favorite silhouettes!
- These Steve Madden heels are cute and versatile. (And remind me of a more expensive Joie pair I own!)
- Love this take on the espadrille.
- How cute is this top?
- Really into these Madewell jeans.
- My New York sweatshirt from this post is back!
- I adore this stylish top.
- Ann Taylor’s shoes right now are SO GOOD.
- Love this stylish cropped trench coat.
- If you like the Sarah Flint mules that I am constantly wearing, I found an identical, less expensive pair.
- This is a great and affordable transitional jacket.
- Cute mules for Spring.
- The earrings I wrote about in this post are finally back in stock! They’re even prettier in person. Also love the look of these!
- This linen jumpsuit is such a great staple. This one with button detail is cute too.
- I absolutely love Outdoor Voices’ cloudknit fabric (so soft and cozy!) and they just launched a loungewear collection in it. *Adds 1 of everything to cart*
- I’m liking the cropped style of this utility jacket.
- This pretty wrap top is so versatile. I’d pair it with a midi skirt for work or white jeans for the weekend.
- This white dress is so good for summer and a great price point.
- Nothing is more perfect for summer in Provence than this linen midi skirt. This one too!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Affordable + cute swimwear.
- Why I love weekends in Brooklyn.
- Cute sunglasses that won’t break the bank.
- My very favorite jeans.
- My travel essentials.
- Productivity hacks.
- Some thoughts on manifesting your life.
- Why I Stopped Coloring My Hair (+ Why I’ll Probably Start Again…).