Happy Friday!! This week flew by and the gorgeous weather we were blessed with had me in the happiest of moods! Despite a lot of meetings and appointments, I took time to try and walk outdoors as much as possible and this weekend I hope to get to do the same.
Wanted to do one last request for any reader survey submissions! I’ll be closing it out Monday so if you haven’t yet had a few minutes to provide feedback, I’d love if you could give me your opinions!
Hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Watched the Brene Brown “The Call to Courage” Netflix special and was so moved. You guys, I can’t recommend these 75 minutes enough. I took notes and then went down a Brene Brown hole. Her goop interview is so great as well and then there’s her Ted Talk, too. She’s amazing and so spot on about so many things in life.
- I had a thorough facial at Renew Anti-Aging Center on the Upper East Side. It’s owned by two darling Irish women and Carmel was full of great skin knowledge. Like what? She told me not to wash my face in the shower because the water is too hot and you’re not as thorough when you wash your face at the sink (so true!) She also recommended taking off your makeup and doing your skincare routine as soon as you get home for the day so your makeup isn’t spending more time clogging your pores but rather your products have more time to sink into your face vs. being transferred to your pillow case. If you’re looking for a quaint spot in NYC to get your skin in-check, check this spot out!
- Worked on planning my trip to Paris! I tacked on a few days to my Provence trip so that I could spend my birthday in my very favorite city. I am so happy to be doing this trip (as I had hoped) that I was getting emotional planning the few days and my birthday.
- Rode the elevator with Vera Wang which was such a fun NYC-moment.
- Got my hair refreshed! Felt so good to do something new after not having been at a salon in nearly four months. (And I hadn’t had a haircut since early November!)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- This post has me wanting to plan a trip to the Cotswolds in Britain.
- This farro + goat cheese salad is right up my alley.
- Things every woman needs to know about money. (SUCH good advice in here).
- This springtime spaghetti carbonara sounds delicious.
- A guide to NYC’s most unique dining experiences.
- Bookmarked these beauty and wellness treatments in LA for my next trip to SoCal.
- Handy time management tips.
- The best game for grown-up game nights.
- Preventive botox, explained.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My favorite affordable watch brand has so many pretty new styles. I wear mine every day (see above!)
- My pearl sandals from this post are back in stock this year! I love that they are a dressier style for summer outings when you need to be dressed up but don’t want to wear heels!
- I am loving the looks in Mango’s new arrivals.
- This is such a pretty and affordable summer dress.
- A cute top to wear year-round for $45.
- I got SO many questions when I posted these sweatpants to Instagram. I’ve styled them as a lounge set (with this sweatshirt) and for wear out in the world with a striped tee, denim jacket and these sneakers and truly they are the greatest. So cozy, comfortable and yet less sweatpants-y than so many out there. I sized down to the Small and they fit perfectly.
- These strappy sandals are so chic and yet practical thanks to their low block heel. Perfect for trotting around all summer. And only $80!
- This sweater I lived in during Winter got restocked! Buy it now and wear it all Fall and Winter. I wore it here. It runs way big though FYI – mine is a size Small.
- Speaking of restocks: the famed J.Crew regent blazer is finally back. The camel has been out of stock practically since I wore it here. (My striped tee from that post is also finally restocked as well! It’s the best fabric of any striped tee I have ever worn. Wearing a Medium.)
- COS just released some really minimalistic yet chic swimwear that’s also affordable. (Want more affordable swimwear ideas? Look no further.)
- I adore this feminine embroidered top from one of my favorite French brands.
- If you’re interested in getting in on the transparent handbag trend, this one is at a great price point.
- This top is so my style. I would style it with a great pair of jeans & my Chanel slingbacks (similar here.)
- You must know by now how much I love a straight leg jean. This white pair is super cute and under $50.
- The perfect tailored gingham blazer.
- Hello, Target sandal selection! SO many good ones including these, these (Hermes and YSL vibes!) and these!
- Speaking of shoes, Banana Republic has loads of good ones right now.
- Kate Somerville is having their Friends & Family event this weekend, Their Exfolikate treatment is holy grail status for me and this is a great weekend to grab it.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How I tackle Spring Cleaning.
- SO many cute and affordable dresses.
- A casual Spring weekend outfit.
- My favorite affordable beauty products.
- 2018’s most popular posts.
- How to get out of a career rut.
- An average work from home day.
- Cute tweed jackets for Spring.
[Image outtake from this post]