I started this week a bit stressed as I took off for the holiday weekend and then began regretting not tackling any work and having to fit a lot into four days. (Who is with me on feeling this way during short weeks!?) I managed to put my head down and be extra productive which felt good though. I leave NYC next Wednesday night so it’s going to be a bit of a race to get a lot of things on my list done in the next few days, but I know it’ll be so worth it!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Finally checked out the Chanel Beauty Atelier that opened a few months ago in Soho. It’s such a stunning space and such fun to play around with the products in a way that feels far less intimidating than a department store. Highly recommend you check it out if you’re a fellow beauty junkie in NYC!
- Attended a fun lunch for the blanket brand Chappy Wrap. They’re re-launching their site Monday and I’m excited to now own one of these blankets I’ve heard so many good things about!
- Took advantage of the holiday and went to one of my favorite restaurants: Lilia. I got inundated on Instagram about how I got a reservation, etc. but the trick is to just line up early. We arrived about 45 minutes before they opened and waited patiently. It helped that it was a holiday but they do save the bar and several tables for walk ins so it’s great if you don’t mind eating on the early side!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- NYT is speaking to me with this page of all the best summer side dishes. I pinned so many of them!
- If you know me, you know I LOVE Dear Evan Hansen (I’ve seen it twice on Broadway) and Waving Through a Window is one of my favorite songs from the soundtrack. The Pentatonix covered it and it gave me chills.
- Added several of Ashley’s summer reading recommendations to my Amazon cart!
- How to make yourself work when you really don’t want to.
- I loved this no-makeup makeup tutorial video.
- Benefits of silk pillowcases (& also my favorite silk eye mask!).
- This list of the best wine tours is making me wonder how I might be able to fit a vineyard trip or two into my November travel plans!
- A guide on how to buy art on a budget.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- How cute is this affordable top? Just added it to my cart. I love this one, too.
- This is a great dress for work in the summer.
- This floral top is so pretty. Love this similar square neck style one, too.
- I adore the bow detail on these chic, affordable + practical kitten heels.
- This tee has the prettiest detailing on it.
- I love this whole look from J.Crew so much. It says Parisian chic to me.
- Speaking of J.Crew, I bought this dress.
- This striped dress is great for summer days at work.
- How cute is this swimsuit?
- I love how this top looks styled with jeans.
- A darling, casual jumpsuit from Old Navy.
- These beautiful navy heels are very similar to a designer pair I’ve had my eye on for a much lower price.
- This floral midi dress is speaking my language.
- LOFT has some great new arrivals. This dress and this dress would be great for work this summer. This jumpsuit is perfect for summer weekends and I love this top for pairing with skirts and shorts.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The things I’ve been loving the most this month.
- Loads of career advice and summer work wear outfit inspo.
- A dress that puts me in a good mood.
- My favorite white jeans.
- The best things to do in NYC in the summer.
- Affordable wedding guest outfit ideas.
- My personality test results.