This week I thought Tuesday was Thursday all day so that’s a pretty good read on my week – ha! It was a hectic one but I was really moved by the lovely response after I opened up about having been diagnosed with skin cancer. Thanks to every one who reached out and made me feel so loved & supported.
FYI that I’m working on a huge sale roundup that’s going to go live tomorrow should you be interested! (Lots of things I’ve worn this summer are all marked down!) In the meantime I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup – it’s a hefty one! Have a wonderful weekend you guys!.Thank you for being the best <3.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and really enjoyed it. I’d never seen any of Quentin Tarantino’s other films so the style was new to me but it was entertaining to say the least.
- Shipped off multiple Paris, Perfected recommendations for clients! And got lots more bookings this week! I’m having the best time with this new endeavor and am loving working with so many people! It’s been truly invigorating.
- Collaborated with a favorite candle brand, Otherland! You’ve heard me talk about them on the blog and on Instagram before so I was excited to share the details about their new Beach Club Collection. If interested in trying out the brand or if you need a great gift – you can get $10 off a three pack with code MEGHAN10.
- Updated my favorite shoes post and my favorite denim post!
- Went to a Y7 yoga class with ELEMIS in honor of their month-long partnership for August at all NYC and LA studios. You can book We Glow Hard classes with them and try out ELEMIS products. We also got to check out their new boosters – one for calming and one for glowing and I really loved the smell and texture of both and can’t wait to begin adding them to my routine. They’re great for travel, too given their size! This is a brand I really love and have had such good experiences with in the past so I always look forward to their new launches.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- If you have two spare minutes, I’d love if you could leave a testimonial for my content here. This is for an agency I work with for campaigns and it allows potential brand partners to see why my readers come to wit & whimsy. I think it is such a great idea they’re allowing our readers to have a voice and share their opinion and I’d be so grateful to anyone who is able to share a testimonial on my behalf! Securing brand partnerships is extremely important for wit & whimsy’s future and my ability to continue to produce content at the frequency that I do.
- Small morning rituals to work into your morning routine.
- Loved reading Helena’s perfect NYC day. (A version of mine I wrote a few years ago is here! Probably would have a slightly different version nowadays.)
- This article on egg freezing gutted me.
- Tend to be a procrastinator? Read this.
- You can always count on The Infatuation for the exact guides you need. For my fellow New Yorkers, places that feel like they’re outside when you don’t want to leave the air conditioning.
- How to deal with office politics.
- Dying to get my hands on a September issue of British Vogue, guest edited by Meghan Markle!
- I rarely consume YouTube content but when I do 9 times out of 10 it is by The Bucket List Family and their latest video from Zanzibar was majestic.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I absolutely love the new, slightly smaller structured tote Cuyana just launched. The dual straps is brilliant and it truly looks like the perfect size. Want!
- I popped into Banana Republic for the first time in a while the other day and spotted some great new arrivals. This pretty dress, this easy and comfy dress (bought it in black and white! I love the black – the Medium fit me perfectly – it’s a super flattering fit), this skirt that gives me Paris vibes, this shoe that’s perfect for any and all dressier occasions (Stuart Weitzman lookalike for a lot less!), this cropped, striped tee that will pair so well with skirts because of its shorter length + high waisted jeans and it is the nicest weight!), this strappy silk tank that looks way better in person than online and this cute eyelet top that I also bought.
- ASOS is apparently rolling out next-day delivery for some major US cities! A few good new arrivals I spotted this dress, this dress, this dress, this dress, this chic topper coat, this classic sweater and this blazer you could style year round.
- BaubleBar has so many good earrings right now! I like these, these, these & these!
- Love that Williams Sonoma is all about France and French fare right now!
- Found a comfy tee shirt dress exactly like the one I wore here.
- YES to this Madewell plaid boyfriend blazer.
- Ok this necklace detangler for layered necklaces may just be the most brilliant thing I’ve ever seen. I bought one for three necklaces!
- Can’t wear jeans to work or just want an easy pant option to dress up or dress down? Look no further than Everlane’s newest pant.
- BaubleBar is having a huge $10 sale on tons of items! Perfect time to stock up on some pieces that will refresh your wardrobe inexpensively.
- Summersalt’s #1 best-selling one piece swimsuit is back in stock at last!
- This headband of mine just got restocked and is now available in loads of colors!
- I swear by Aerie underwear as a less expensive alternative to Hanky Panky and right now you can get 10 pair for just $35. It’s the best deal and you can mix and match loads of styles. These are the only underwear I buy these days.
- This shirt dress is such a good classic staple.
- Love the little ruffle detail on this top (also under $100!).
- This jumpsuit looks so comfortable & is a great transition piece into fall.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Inside Ralph’s Coffee – the chicest caffeine spot in NYC.
- The cutest pajama sets.
- My recent skin cancer diagnosis.
- My new Paris trip planning service.
- An updated guide to Nantucket.
- How I reset my diet.
- My birthday weekend in Paris.
- An updated guide on favorite hotels in Paris.
Filled out a testimonial! Hope it helps 🙂 As always, I love kicking off Friday with your weekly roundup – thinking of you this week with your diagnosis and praying for healing and peace.
So grateful to you for doing so, Melanie! Thank you for the kind words!!
I completed the testimonial for you, Meghan. Glad to help you out! I hope you have a nice weekend!
I so appreciate it, Amy! Thank you very much!