Requesting good vibes this Friday as I go in this morning to have my skin cancer removed. I am all sorts of nervous given I don’t do well with medical offices or procedures but I do know I’ll be so relieved when it is over with. As a result of today, this week has been BANANAS. I was fitting five days worth of things into four days (and this is after working 90% of last weekend!) but all along I’ve been reminded that I love what I do and for that I’m grateful. Even when things are crazy, I think – how lucky am I? In better news, one of my best friends from college is arriving tonight for a quick visit so I’m excited to have her in NYC for a fun night & day.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Added some things to my Poshmark if you’re interested in shopping my closet!
- Shot three campaigns with brands I have loved and long promoted so they are such exciting projects for me to have come to life! The first went live last night and features a sale you don’t want to miss out on! I’ve blogged about the brand here and here and shared my empties from the brand many times on Instagram Stories before getting the chance to work with them.
- Had dinner at The Fat Radish after it being on my list for so many years. It was SO good you guys. Highly recommend. I already want to go back. Also had dinner at favorite, Dante in the West Village. (These photos were shot outside!)
- Shipped off 5 more Paris, Perfected orders! I’ve been SO happy with the response to the offering and have been working on orders every week since it launched!
- Caught up with my friend & fellow blogger Carly Hill over breakfast.
- Got some much needed acupuncture.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I loved this heartwarming story.
- A guide to clean beauty. I’m working on revamping my stash to be cleaner and lots of you guys had great recommendations for me when I asked on Instagram Stories – thank you & more to come on this topic!
- How travel can help heal your heartbreak.
- How to stop worrying so much. (I needed to read this!) Such handy tips.
- I found out one of my favorite books, Last Letter to Your Lover, is becoming a movie – woohoo!
- Adding the new Laduree on Melrose Place to my list for whenever I’m in LA next.
- Hikes you can do in New York City – who knew!?
- This was such a fascinating read on the pursuit and tyranny of the “ideal woman”.
- I love following Jaime Beck on Instagram for her life in France and beautiful photography. This was a fun read about what led her to Provence and what inspires her now.
- Bookmarking this list of books by women of color (the comments section has even more great recs!).
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This great surplus jacket I wore here is now back in stock! I’m wearing a medium.
- These booties have the best heel height and would go with so much.
- Also love these go-with-everything Steve Madden booties.
- Really like the look of Everlane’s new seamless, barely there underwear.
- Adding this $98 tweed blazer that comes in 4 colors to my cart, stat.
- I’ve heard great things about the bra brand Lively and their new collab with Madewell looks so good!
- File under: Blessings – Everlane just launched one, two & three styles of washable silk. Game changer! The tie sleeve style is my favorite. Their new year-round wear sweater is also up my alley.
- Cuyana’s new tech carry-all is pure genius. I’ve had their laptop case for nearly five years and it has held up absolutely beautifully and I get compliments on it all the time. This new carry-all is like a leveled up version and I may just need it!
- Love this puff sleeve top. (More cute ones here.)
- This kimono sweater is so chic. This one, too.
- So into these Levi’s.
- I’m not a big fan of animal prints but leopard is huge right now and this dress and this top are the cutest leopard pieces I’ve seen of anything out there right now.
- Pretty sure my closet needs this embellished top. Bought it!
- I want to wear this sherpa jacket all the time. Look how cozy!!
- This faux suede vest is the perfect Fall topper.
- This is such a cute plaid jacket. So is this one and it is only $60!
- Just got these Levi’s and looooove them on. Took them in a 28.
- Sephora is having a sale of up to 20% off for VIB and ROUGE members. Check my Sephora picks here.
- Loved this affordable collection of headbands if you’re looking to try that trend this fall.
- Old Navy is having a great sale this weekend, a few favorites are this one shoulder swimsuit, this linen dress (love the neckline!), these $25 jeans, and this midi dress.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The email trick that’s been saving my sanity.
- How to build a skincare routine.
- Inspired by Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- My #1 travel tip.
- Why I love New York in 25 words.
- Loads of stellar beauty products on sale – through Sunday only!
- Career advice from me + my friends.
- An update on my 2019 goals & priorities.
[Image outtake from this post]