This week was such a thrill! I was back at it after being sick last week and it felt so nice to be moving and shaking on work and my to do list. Without a doubt though the highlight was hosting my first ever reader meet up. I was thrilled to meet a small group of you and enjoy wine and sweets together and have email addresses and Instagram handles I’ve seen pop up over the years come to life. Thank you so much to those of you who came out!
I’m spending the weekend in the city seeing friends and hopefully enjoying some of the glorious weather we’ve been having! It was such a busy week so I’m looking forward to some downtime, too. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy this week’s roundup!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Played around with my new iPhone 11 Pro! It’s been years since I’ve upgraded so I’m super excited to have the latest version (the camera is so spectacular!!)
- Shipped off three more Paris, Perfected orders! (And two for London because I have a hard time saying no to people – ha!)
- Went to hear Gabby Bernstein speak as part of her tour to promote her newest book, Super Attractor, that came out this week. I can’t wait to read it! She’s such a great speaker and as you guys know by now, I really love what she’s about.
- Attended an event all about Amazon Handmade which is similar to an Etsy – handmade products by small businesses. I love that you can support local artisans in this way on Amazon now!
- Held my wit & whimsy reader meet up at Regular Visitors and met so many wonderful people
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I was honored Helena of Brooklyn Blonde asked me to share my perfect NYC day with her readers! Helena is one of my favorite follows on Instagram and I love her style so much.
- A lovely read on the history of Louis Vuitton.
- Jillian re-did her lifestyle site and it looks absolutely beautiful!
- Victoria penned a beautiful and vulnerable essay about identity.
- FRIENDS mania has arrived in conjunction with the 25th anniversary. (I am going to the pop up tomorrow, in fact!)
- Having loved this book of hers, I really enjoyed reading this NYT profile on Gabby Bernstein.
- The new Frozen movie looks like it is going to be so good!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- The Shops are updated! I updated my Favorites (a great place to look if you’re ever looking for something I’ve worn ever on the blog), the Seasonal Picks and also the Under $100 shop (so many gems!)
- The Shopbop sale ends today so be sure to shop it if you haven’t already! Here are my picks.
- I think Madewell achieved heeled bootie perfection with these. Also their entire new Fall collection they released this week is GOOD! Highlights include these jeans (I always size down in Madewell denim FYI!), this sweater, this cardigan, this top (that I own and wore here), this blouse, this dress and this coat.
- Emerson Fry who makes my beloved Teddy Coat (size Medium) came out with a new super sleek version this season and I LOVE it.
- I spotted that Gap brought back one of my favorite jeans in a clean, non-distressed version! I sized down to size 27. I love the fit of them.
- Um how amazingly cozy do these slippers look!? A Winter necessity if you ask me! Or these!
- These boots look like Stuart Weitzman 5050s but are less than half the price.
- A classic button down for just $88.
- Behold: a classic pair of black pumps that won’t break the bank.
- Did you love the sweater I wore here & here? I found a super affordable version!
- And the H&M sweater I wore here is back!
- Yes to this camel coat and this one from H&M.
- These Instagram famous booties now come in so many colors! I like the Putty ones best, personally. I also like these for the on-trend Western vibes.
- Also from Sam Edelman, these practical yet stylish rain boots.
- Yes to these classic Levi’s.
- As I do every year, I’ll be doing a Fall scarf roundup but in the meantime, here is a great one in beautiful colors.
- I love that West Elm added this Style Your Room Under $100 category.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What I am buying for Fall.
- So much good loungewear for Fall & Winter.
- Affordable fashion finds on Amazon Fashion.
- An Everlane affordable cardigan styled two ways on two different bodies.
- Styling ideas for the famed J.Crew Sweater Blazer.
- Affordable Fall decor.
- A favorite pair of pumps styled two ways (+ a promo code!)
- Tips for part time bloggers.
- Loads of good career advice.
- An honest review of Rent the Runway Unlimited.
[Image from this post]