Happy Friday! I flew back from Paris yesterday and had plans to hit the ground running going to an event and then meeting girlfriends for dinner but…my body had other ideas. I woke up with a bout of food poisoning and probably the roughest travel day I’ve ever had in my life. I was just saying prayers and doing deep breathing that I would make it home ok but was standing at the airport at 7:30AM really considering whether I needed to book an airport hotel room and wait this out. Needless to say, I have never been so happy to get home and into my own bed.
I’m really hopeful today that I will recoup as I have plans tomorrow to shoot some holiday content and have a Friendsgiving which I have so been looking forward to! This past trip to Paris was wonderful (food poisoning aside) but intense. I had so much to fit in to just four days and nearly every night I was up till at least midnight catching up on work and then was up at 6:30 every morning to prepare for shoots or meetings. It was great but definitely not relaxing in any way! To say I am hoping for a nap this weekend would be an understatement!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & check back here tomorrow as my first gift guide will be launching!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Spent an amazing few days in my beloved Paris!
- Updated a bunch of pieces into the My Favorites portion of the shop. This is the best place to find pieces I’ve worn in outfit posts.
- Was so excited to have my latest collaboration with Ann Taylor go live! This post was a ton of work so excited to hear your guys’ feedback!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Cool standout products from female-founded beauty brands.
- In exciting news, Photoshop is launching an app!
- How to make plans without “getting a drink.”
- How to deal with flight delays and other travel headaches.
- I loved this read on Paris’ bridges.
- Speaking of Paris, if you’re a New Yorker, a new low-cost airline is starting flights from Newark to Paris!
- How to be a better friend.
- Grab your tissues for this love story.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Found: loads of affordable sunglasses that look like they are designer. My favorites include these, these, these & these.
- Lou & Grey has so, so much cozy goodness in their new arrivals. Favorites include this sweatshirt, these leggings, this coatigan, this cashmere cardigan, this sweater dress, this cozy hoodie and this cool bomber puffer jacket. And OMG they started carrying one of my favorite candles from Stockholm!
- Everlane has a new high rise skinny jean.
- One of my favorite clean brands Indie Lee launched a sleep line and oh my gosh I am adding everything to my wish list! This sleep body oil, this pillow spray & this body wash.
- Hot tip from a w&w reader: She shared she’s obsessed with these Target PJs that are a dupe for my favorite Eberjey ones! A great price and three cute colors.
- Love this sherpa jacket from Athleta.
- I adore this tweed jacket.
- This striped sweater is under $30 and the one you’re seeing all over Instagram.
- The latest Rachel Parcell collection has a lot of cute holiday items.
- This is such a cute + classic bootie from Soludos.
- I found out Amazon created a holiday hub for all their deals and they are broken down by category. So handy!
- Speaking of Amazon, I needed a new black umbrella after an unfortunate slipping / umbrella-injuring incident of mine in Soho the other week so I bought this one and have been really happy with it all week in Paris during the drizzling. Well made and so easy to open & close (which is a must for me when it comes to brellies).
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Pieces of Paris to be found in NYC!
- Kicking off the holiday season! (Have you entered the giveaway!?)
- Everything I packed for this week in Paris.
- Affordable outfit ideas for Thanksgiving.
- My go-to outfit for meetings.
- Two Madewell cardigans styled.
Omg i have this umbrella and its my favveeee. Highly recommend.
YASSS! I can’t remember where I found it but I am weirdly picky about umbrellas so glad to have found one I like!