Thanks to the holiday on Monday this week flew! I had most of my plans cancel on Tuesday which was sheer bliss and helped me make up for the things I didn’t get done over the weekend while I was fighting off a cold.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Had a call with The Ritz Paris! I am working with them to arrange a property tour on my next visit to better service Paris, Perfected guests in the future.
- Went to an event with Everlane to test their new + first ever leggings! I really like them. Super comfortable, a cool fabric and a really nice fit. I sized down to a small. Also really appreciate they are nearly half the price of Lululemon leggings. I got the black but several people at the event were wearing the rose color and it looked SO good on.
- Got to catch up and plot and plan fun things for this year with two of my favorite friends and fellow bloggers: Carly Hill & Carly Heitlinger.
- Had lunch at one of my favorite spots, Charlie Bird with Rent the Runway to get updates on everything happening with their brand. (Here is my review of their Unlimited service by the way).
- Updated one of my most popular evergreen posts: The Instagram Guide to NYC!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How to make friends when traveling solo.
- Some cool new hotels opening this year.
- How to stop worrying. Such a good read and I particularly loved this part: Living your values — above and beyond reaching specific goals — is a way to meaningfully take charge of the things that are under your control while also helping you achieve your ambitions. This book definitely helped me do this more starting last year.
- I thought that Florence Pugh was so captivating when I saw Little Women the other week. This was a fun read to hear about her career catapulting. I can’t wait to see what else she does.
- My friend Erika rounded up a great list of free things to do in NYC!
- Lindsay wrote a brilliant post on how to use Google Maps to plan your next trip. This year I want to finally write a post about how I plan my trips – hold me accountable, won’t you!?
- Pinning this tortilla soup recipe to make at some point. Sounds delicious!
- My friend Carly shared meaningful ways to make your day less stressful.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My friend Rebecca always has the best things to say about this weatherproof shoe brand. I’m eyeing this pair, this pair and this pair for future travels.
- This is a chic topper that won’t break the bank.
- Got a lot of headbands? Here’s the perfect storage solution.
- A $35 sweater with great reviews.
- Speaking of good reviews, these leggings from Amazon have over 2,400 positive reviews – wow!
- H&M brought back the cozy knit I wore all of London this time last year.
- Ok Nike has made a very chic jumpsuit. Yes, please!
- How perfect is this seersucker dress for Spring? Also the skirt version is very cute as well.
- This dress would look great belted with booties.
- This is a cute update on the classic white button down.
- Banana Republic’s iconic trench that sells out every Spring is back!
- Speaking of Banana Republic, they actually have a lot of good new arrivals right now.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How to do a closet clean out.
- A chic yet casual winter weekend outfit.
- A helpful read on acupuncture.
- My 20 goals for 2020.
- A travel guide for Colorado’s Vail Valley.
- What to pack for a ski trip.
- 2019’s best sellers.