This week started off with a bang when my site was compromised and starting showing up in a foreign language or for a Chinese electronics website for some people. There’s no words to describe how you feel when this happens. It is truly nauseating. By Tuesday morning it was happening again when I had sponsored content live. I nearly cried on the street corner that morning when I realized as I was on my way to a shoot and couldn’t work with my host to resolve it immediately. It took an emergency migration to a new host that then caused more of the site being down and also caused other elements of my site design to be off to help resolve the malware issues I was having. By Wednesday morning when I woke up I realized the post I had stayed up late doing Tuesday evening had been totally erased and I had to race to get it re-done and live at 7:30AM on Wednesday morning.
By Tuesday I had also woken up with a viral infection that later landed me in bed all of Wednesday & Thursday. To say I feel fried would be an understatement. Between an insane schedule in Paris to last weekend’s bachelorette party I have had next to no sleep and no downtime. Life has felt like a treadmill that only gets faster and never slows down of late. I guess getting sick was a way of my body pressing pause for me when I felt I couldn’t. I had to cancel more than a dozen appointments and meetings and now feel extremely behind. Le sigh…Mercury sure is in retrograde, isn’t it!?
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I did my first podcast recording! Shani Silver was kind enough to ask me to be on her podcast A Single Serving and I hope I did ok! It’ll be out in March and I’ll share when it is live.
- Remained horizontal at home trying to feel better.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- So excited for my friend Hitha who is launching a podcast! I love catching up on her #5SmartReads on Instagram and can’t wait to tune in.
- 26 things to do in NYC in the winter.
- Bravo Olay! Thrilled to hear they won’t be retouching in future ad campaigns.
- I’m a big fan of taking myself out on dates in NYC so I really enjoyed this post.
- Love following Carly’s monthly reading lists – I also loved Catch & Kill!
- Bookmarking this post for my next trip to Palm Springs (my long weekend guide here)!
- The Man was one of my favorite songs off Taylor Swift’s new album and I’m excited to watch the music video that was just released.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I love Old Navy’s swimwear so much – affordable and yet good quality. The new styles are looking g-o-o-d.
- A friend of mine recently picked up these white sneakers (that look very similar to my favorites) and raved about the comfort.
- This midi dress is so my style.
- Adding this dress to my cart ASAP!
- Such a good classic shirt dress.
- Dying for this bucket bag for summer, so cute!
- A really pretty & super versatile top.
- I saw this blazer on my friend Carly this week and I could not believe it was under $50!
- This jacket is so perfect for spring.
- How cute is the print on these pajamas?!
- How darling are these pink sneakers?
- How do we feel about the white before Memorial Day rule? I love the style of these white jeans and they would be so cute for spring. I’d pair with my favorite utility jacket and suede booties.
- These are the perfect weekend jeans.
- My coatigan from this post is finally restocked. Size down!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How I got started in clean beauty.
- Styling some new arrivals from one of my favorite brands.
- A Saint Germain neighborhood guide.
- All your acupuncture questions answered.
- My ski trip packing list.
- How I became a morning person.