This week felt tough. Wednesday evening my anxiety really started to set in and then a restless night of sleep followed. I am not naive to the fact that I believe this will be our new normal for some time and doing all of this single and living alone is…tough. I want to stay informed but the news is making me anxious as I am sure it is for all of you. I love living in New York but going through something like this in a heavily populated city also contributes to some of the fear I feel right now.
I hope that wit & whimsy can remain a helpful, hopeful and uplifting destination for you all in this time. I am extremely grateful for your readership and all the encouraging messages I’ve been receiving over the past couple of weeks. We’re in this together & my heart goes out to all of you.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Hunkered down. I only left the house to go to the pharmacy or take myself on a walk. I found the walks were key to my mental sanity. I also started during some online yoga classes in my studio to ensure my body keeps moving.
- I filmed my first ever video tutorial! It’s my everyday makeup and I hope you find it helpful. I hope to get better at feeling comfortable on video. You can watch it here if you are interested.
- Took this time to de-pill a lot of my sweaters with my favorite fabric shaver.
- Started and finished this fast read. The second half was much better than the first.
- This risotto is one of my favorite recipes. It is great cold the next day, too! I made it this week. I also made this recipe which is a new favorite. It was incredibly easy and had SO much flavor.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How to be more productive in just seven days.
- How to have a better relationship.
- Why leaning into your anxiety may not be the worst idea right now.
- Here are Amazon’s picks for what to read this month.
- Loved seeing LVMH shift from making perfume to making hand sanitizer they’ll donate.
- This penguin video is the content we all could use right now.
- My friend Carly rounded up a great list of at-home workouts.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Everlane is currently donating all profits from their 100% Human collection are going to Feeding America’s COVID-19 Response Fund, which provides supplies to food banks across the country. It makes me even prouder to have them as a brand partner of mine and I will always remember this as I continue to support them moving forward.
- Speaking of Everlane, I love the new puff sleeve Everlane silk shirt! Also a reminder that Everlane has $50 denim through this week. This pair (seen here), this pair (seen here), this pair & this pair are my personal favorites and I take size 28 in all.
- I have updated the Cozy & Casual, Seasonal Favorites and Under $100 categories of my The Shop page this week. Hope you’ll take a look at my selects!
- A favorite clean skincare brand of mine, Tammy Fender, is doing 20% off with code LOVINGCARE through 3/23. I really like her Awakening Eye Gel and Epi Peel. Shopping her brand will also mean you’re supporting a female founded small business.
- Shopbop has just marked down loads of items. The best items I spotted were these booties, these jeans, these pajamas, this dress that I actually bought the other week, this chic top, this versatile tee, this dress perfect for the upcoming months, this cozy sweater and these boots.
- Aerie is doing 40% off swimsuits, sweatshirts & leggings right now. Loving this style, this style and this style. They also have so much cute loungewear right now, too.
- These joggers are under $30 and have great reviews. Perfect for working from home! I also have heard good things about these joggers.
- Reformation’s new arrivals are so good. The pieces I own from them get SO much wear making them worth the investment. I particularly love this dress, this top, this tee, this dress and this top.
- Hello cute and affordable swimsuits! This scalloped bikini (and the one piece version) and this cute gingham one, too.
- I always love when Shopbop updates their Under $200 shop. So many cute finds!
- Nordstrom is also offering 25% off right now. Loving this cozy sweatshirt, this cute headband, these cult favorite denim shorts, and this dress that is just my style.
- Anthropologie is doing 25% off at the moment. Their Cozy at Home collection is speaking to me right now.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 17 uplifting things to do now.
- Inside Sezane’s newest Paris store + my current favorite pieces from the brand.
- Programming to keep you occupied during isolation.
- How to use CBD for anxiety.
- How to get started in clean beauty.
- An affordable sweater I own in two colors.
- My favorite face masks.