Highs and lows. Highs and lows. That’s what I keep saying when people ask how I’m doing. But truthfully Wednesday I broke a bit. The tears started and then were hard to stop. By Thursday I was doing my best to reset and was back to my daily gratitude practicing and finding peace in the small things like a sunny day, cozy pajamas and FaceTimes with friends.
I hope you are all hanging in there and also working to find joy & peace in your days as best you can. As I keep saying, we’re apart yet together in all of this. I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend at home.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I was a guest on a podcast! This was my first time and I so appreciate Shani for thinking of me for her A Single Serving Podcast. We recorded this after I came back from my most recent trip last month and before all the travel suspensions. I hope it provides a little escape for you if you want to take a listen. I share *a lot* of tips about traveling in Paris, some of my personal favorite spots, what my favorite activity in the city is, that time I met Ina Garten and a lot more. It was such a fun chat!
- Made an uplifting playlist of feel good songs.
- Devoured this delightful book.
- I was honored to be included in this roundup about influencers doing good during this time.
- I shared a recent favorite book with my friend Carly who crowdsourced her friends’ favorite books – a post to bookmark!
- I updated my post about working from home. Even more tips and some handy supplies to help, too.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Quotes to help calm your stress.
- Finding peace during times of change.
- Ways to ease your anxiety related to coronavirus. Also related: this helpful site.
- Best lessons learned from makeup tutorials.
- 17 ways to feel good at home right now.
- How to be more optimistic.
- How to properly clean your home during coronavirus.
- Ways to help during COVID-19.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I’m finding comfort in all my sweatpants and sweatshirts right now and Old Navy just launched loads of new styles. These joggers have over 1,500 good reviews!
- And Nordstrom also just stocked a lot of loungewear, too.
- And I’m stalking Target’s loungewear like this sherpa pullover (and this one if you like more color in your wardrobe), these joggers, this hoodie, these shorts (and matching top) for as warmer weather arrives and this chic cardigan.
- I’m intrigued by this phone sanitizer!
- Love this cute white blazer.
- Soludos has SO many cute shoes right now. So does Sam Edelman.
- This linen button down is such a great spring & summer staple.
- This midi dress is so my style.
- I’ve been finding comfort in my favorite robe after long hot showers or hot baths. I have it in a size small.
- Found my favorite pajamas on sale.
- Everlane just marked down their iconic cashmere sweater. A classic staple to treat yourself with now for only $75.
- Amazon Fashion’s in-house brand Daily Ritual has lots of cozy basics to browse right now. I particularly like the look of these affordable joggers.
- Banana Republic has so many nice new arrivals. This cozy cardigan for at home right now, this striped t-shirt dress that’s very my style, this beautiful floral top, this linen jumpsuit that has my name on it, this cute romper, this throw on and go dress, this darling dress and this classic t-shirt dress that’s so chic.
- Nordstrom just started their Spring Sale with loads of markdowns. At first glance there is A LOT of goodness. I spotted Tory Burch sandals, Hanky Panky underwear, these sneakers, these soft + cozy pajamas, this flattering dress, this classic button down, these leggings (I own two pair personally), this cozy and yet chic sweatshirt you could pair with your favorite sweats or leggings, this beautiful floral dress (that back detail!), this versatile dress, these jeans that are right up my alley, these cozy joggers, this cardigan to live in at home and this Barbour jacket (there’s actually a lot of Barbour jackets on sale!)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The best self care you can do at home.
- How to escape to France virtually right now.
- Some pretty + affordable pieces for Spring.
- A favorite affordable sweater I wear year round.
- My experience with body image.
- How I use CBD for anxiety.
- My favorite drugstore beauty buys.
Have your podcast bookmarked to try to listen to this weekend – thanks for all the uplifting links today!
So glad you enjoyed the roundup! They’re always such a pleasure for me to put together!
Have a great weekend ahead, lady!
You too, Jenn! Sending you a virtual hug!
Looking forward to listening to the podcast!
The Career Edit
Thank you so much – I hop you enjoy it!
Love these roundups, thanks for sharing! I’m also intrigued by that phone sanitizer!