Wow, what a week. I feel like I lived multiple lives with all I accomplished these past few days. While I have a to do list that is piling up and a weekend of cleaning out + organizing ahead of me, I am going to try and get out of the house and do something fun + new this weekend. In the spirit of my stay home summer bucket list, I’m thinking of taking the ferry down to Red Hook here in Brooklyn to get a lobster roll and explore this neighborhood that I’ve only ever been to once to volunteer at a food bank! I hope you’ll join me in doing something fun, new + exploratory as well! Enjoy this week’s roundup and have a great weekend! xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I announced a very exciting partnership over on Instagram. I am beyond honored to be working with this cause for the next year given it is something that’s extremely important to me.
- I was blown away by the response to my reader survey. Truly! I couldn’t hardly believe how many of you took time out of your day to complete it. The responses poured in! I couldn’t be more grateful and am truly so looking forward to reviewing all the responses. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It will be open through Sunday evening if you’d still like to provide feedback.
- I updated the My Closet part of The Shop with recent purchases. Also updated the Home Favorites and the Beauty Shop! I do all these updates manually so I always appreciate when you guys use these pages as resources for products I recommend + love. The Shop also got a mini-makoever so you can now see the products more clearly!
- Started and finished Head Over Heels. It was a really cute + fast read that made me long for the Olympics this year. I also really appreciated the respect the author gave to the sport of gymnastics and it’s horrifying revelations in recent years in regard to sexual assault.
- Began clearing out my apartment. I’m sorting through things to giveaway, to store and to donate. I also had my first (virtual) consultation with Neat Method who I’m so thrilled to be working with in order to organize and make my new space as functional as possible.
- Made these enchiladas which were a nice change from the more traditional ones I typically make!
- I filmed a quick video about all the beauty products I’ve recently finished. I break down which ones I’d repurchase and which ones aren’t worth it, too.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- If interested in joining my private Facebook group, you can do so here. I’m working on thinking up some exclusives to offer for this group ;).
- How to move past performative allyship. This moving piece is an important read and has some great takeaways in it.
- I can’t wait to use some of Lindsay’s tips on photo editing that she shared in this post.
- I love the sound of this summer quinoa salad. Sounds amazing and I can’t wait to make it!
- Looking for something fun to do? I loved this story about helping furloughed chefs during this time. The classes sound so fun! I just signed up for the Martini class!
- On moving to New York during the pandemic.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My favorite clean makeup brand has a new intro-to-clean-beauty kit if you’re curious to try out their line!
- J.Crew has 25% off full priced items this weekend – you can shop my current picks from their site via this post. (All sale section items are an extra 60% off too). Use code SHOPNOW for both.
- Yes, please to this perfectly Parisian Breton striped tee.
- I have a lot of success with the affordable brand English Factory and their new collection is pretty perfect and so my style. I spotted this dress, this dress, this dress and this dress all of which I love! I typically size up in this brand. I bought this top (size Large) last month and it’s so cute.
- Sezane has released the last of their summer new arrivals and they’re magnifique. Favorites include this dress, this top, this pretty sweater, this top that I would wear in Paris in the Fall in a minute, this top that’s so my style, this striped version of my favorite tomboy shirt I talked recently about here, this darling cardigan (those sleeves!), this dress I ordered and this beautiful scalloped tank.
- I bought this blush recently and while it was $$ I absolutely love it. I got it in shade Petal. I had heard great things about this line and was curious to try it so went with this blush. I’ll most likely try more from Westman Atelier soon as a result!
- I am so in love with this J.Crew top! I wore it the minute it arrived. (Sized up to an 8).
- This dress looks just like one of my comfiest ones that I own.
- I lived in house dresses all week long with the heat in NYC lately. This one looks perfect for hot days. Even more house dresses here.
- I am also on board with house pants these days. These look comfy & are super affordable. And I have a romper just like this one to wear at home this summer. All about comfort for hot summer days being spent working at home!
- You know I love a puff sleeve tee and this one is under $20!
- One of my favorite sweaters (worn here, here) is now on sale. I have it in a Medium.
- I’ve gotten so many questions lately on face masks and sadly the original ones I ordered don’t cut it so I paid up and got this silk one from Night that I’d been hearing good things about and I love that it has a filter pocket and additional filters that come with it (which experts say is what you should have on to be the most protective). The silk fabric is also meant to help prevent breakouts so you avoid maskne and I appreciate that it has adjustable ear straps + an adjustable nose closure, too.
- Those of you who watch my Let’s Make a Drink series on Instagram know I am a collector of glassware (as much as one can be living in a studio apartment.) I came across Burke Decor on Instagram this week and ooo was I swooning over so much of their selection on their site!
- Relatedly, Anthro just marked down a bunch of home items in case you want to spruce up your space a bit.
- I just bought this dress after seeing it on another blogger.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The best self tanners for fair skin.
- Current J.Crew & Madewell summer favorites.
- Linen Gingham Jumpsuit from J.Crew.
- The face makeup combo that’s my new favorite.
- A summertime playlist.
- My stay home summer bucket list.
- 2020 Reader Survey.