This is my last weekend in my apartment so it’ll be a bittersweet one. I’m making slow progress on packing but I work well under deadlines so you can guess what I’ll be doing most of this weekend! I’m so sad to be leaving this apartment but working to reckon my heart to a new chapter. I had a very busy work week so I got less done on my personal to-dos this week than I had hoped. While I’ll be prioritizing packing this weekend I also hope to get out and do a little adventure in the city, too as a break.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Started re-watching New Girl. It’s the exact type of light and funny TV I need in my life right now.
- Made my favorite indulgent goat cheese enchiladas. The recipe can be found in the Google Document here.
- Started work with a new consulting client.
- Ordered a Parisian-inspired mantle for my new apartment! And wallpaper for the entryway. Bit by bit the concept is coming together. I’ll be sharing more here soon!
- Booked a weekend upstate – I’m not going till end of September but I wanted something to look forward to and given Fall is my very favorite I hope to get some doses of foliage and the great outdoors.
- I updated my Amazon Shop! All recent purchases I’ve liked are now included.
- Started and finished reading Big Friendship. It made me so grateful for those friendships I have in my life.
- Began prepping my posts for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Safe to say they’ll look a bit different this year but my first one will be live next week when Early Access opens up more broadly.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- While I’ve been working from home for many years now, I know so many of you are still getting used to it and without an end in sight, I wanted to share these tips for making remote work a little easier.
- How to reframe how you look at self care.
- I for one am so happy that Fixer Upper with Chip & Joanna Gaines is coming back to TV!
- My friend Jenn’s site redesign came out so gorgeous. Now it is making me want to re-do mine – ha!
- File under content I really need right now: 30 ways to organize your kitchen on the cheap.
- This speech by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was so powerful and so important.
- Homemade funfetti cake? Yes, please.
- Want a bit of arm chair travel? Look at these dreamy Provence pool scenes!
- Five of Ina Garten’s best recipes for summer.
- 5 day trips from Paris to bookmark for your next trip.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Starting today my favorite CBD brand is offering all NEW customers who use code witwhimsy at checkout a FREE Mini Daily Drops ($35 value) with a purchase of $50 or more. You’ll also score 15% off your first order with this code. (Note: the $50 threshold applies POST discount and this offer is only good through Sunday). CBD has been key for helping me manage my anxiety during the pandemic and you can read more about my experience here.
- File under strange but amazing things I found when I moved: these deodorant-stain removing sponges. I found them cleaning out a dresser and then went to shoot a dress that had a mark on the front. I tested it out and voila – the deodorant was gone! I bought them earlier this year but then never opened/used them! Such a handy little solution to a pesky problem
- This one piece suit is similar to a favorite of mine from last season and not only is it available in loads of colors, it also has 2,500+ positive reviews!
- How pretty is this white eyelet top? Love the ruffle detail too!
- This top is very “business in the front, party in the back”. I’d pair it with dark denim & heels for a girl’s night out.
- I am always pleased with Bloomingdale’s private label brand AQUA and recently spotted some really cute pieces at great prices like this dress (also in white), this blazer that’s very my style, this dress, this dress, this flattering bikini top, this puff sleeve bodysuit that I am obviously getting and this pretty lace top.
- I may or may not be wishing away summer just so that I can wear this pretty blush trench coat.
- This slinky dress is perfect for summer date nights. And this one works for fun summer outings but also as a house dress – win/win. This one, too!
- Ok how cute is this little white eyelet dress? And this polka dot one! (Which also comes in a skirt version).
- Speaking of more Chip + Joanna, as I continue to shop for my new home, I spotted the new arrivals from their Magnolia line at Target. So many chic yet affordable pieces to add some freshness to your space.
- Along the same lines, I spotted some pieces I loved in the new Etsy x Tia Mowry collaboration collection.
- This tee dress looks like such a flattering fit.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How I re-imagined my wanderlust list.
- A beginner’s guide to skincare.
- What it’s like in NYC right now.
- My favorite linen pieces.
- The best pieces on Amazon Fashion right now.
- The best affordable swimsuits.
- Some favorite summer beauty products.