This week I was dealing with a variety of headaches. A broken dishwasher, restless sleep and website issues (my RSS feed that serves news posts to Feedly wasn’t updating properly – therefore the best way to get new posts remains signing up for my daily posts in your inbox! So sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!) Combine that with utter fatigue and heightened anxiety during and following the election along with stress related to the holidays – and woof, it’s been a week.
I am hopeful for some R&R this weekend and I’m excited because I forgot I had signed up for a Tarte Tatin class with La Cuisine Paris! Should be such a nice way to spend part of my Saturday and I can’t wait to support the owner Jane who is amazing and has worked so hard to reinvent while Paris has been closed to tourists.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Finished Andre Leon Tally’s memoir The Chiffon Trenches and just wow. It has such juicy, fun details about the world’s biggest designers and behind the scenes fashion moments that’ll just make you smile. I thought it was a delight!I listened to it on audiobook via LibroFM as I am so into listening to memoirs nowadays! Use this link to get a free audiobook when you sign up (LibroFM supports a local bookstore of your choice with your purchases!)
- I also read this book in two days! (I got an early copy with my Book of the Month membership). It’s such a great feel-good romcom book. Highly recommend you pre-order it!
- Made these guacamole bowls and have to say it was much more delicious than I expected!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Cocktails perfect for Thanksgiving.
- The sad status of a decades old tradition in Paris: The Bouquinistes.
- I thought this was a great reminder as we head into colder weather.
- How good does this unique lasagna sound? Yum!
- 20 productive things to do when you have a sliver of time.
- So helpful – the new rules to virtual wedding gifting!
- My friend Rebecca did a great French-inspired small business gift guide. (And was kind enough to include my croissant stationery!)
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This brand from Target has so many good things right now!
- Loving the new arrivals from Aqua. I love their cashmere and spotted some great coats and tops for the holidays, too!
- Do you love the Align leggings from Lululemon? This pair is super similar (and slightly less expensive) and great for workouts. I got them in a size Small!
- Ahh Rebecca Minkoff made my favorite puff sleeve sweatshirt into a new hoodie version!
- A reader reached out to share how much she loves these jeans featured in this recent post. I always love hearing this sort of feedback!
- I can’t decide if I hate or love the new Lululemon crushed velvet sweatshirt + joggers. They seem kind of great for Winter!
- Equal parts cozy and chic = this sherpa jacket. Also love this one.
- I just bought this puffer jacket in the olive color!
- This scarf looks like a big hug.
- How cool is the knot detail on these gold hoops?
- These party ready box sets are so fun! Perfect for heating up date night or taking girls night to the next level.
- I was excited to see the new Holiday versions of Homesick Candles! It’s been so nice to see this small business blossom since I first started buying their candles years ago!
- I’ve been pinning some great pieces to wear for the holidays lately here and there are even more ideas here!
- I’ve been shopping from Crate & Barrel a lot lately for my apartment + holiday shoots and their Christmas decor is just so good right now! A bunch of it is also up to 30% off right now!
- The CBD brand I use every day just dropped their holiday sets and they are so good!
- I’ve added loads of gifts to my Amazon Shop!
- Kate Spade’s newest collection is full of festive outfits that I just love! (Also think my next trip to Paris needs this puff sleeve striped tee!)
- I received the Cuyana holiday catalog in the mail this week and it reminded me how much I love giving their small leather goods as gifts to girlfriends and family. The travel case set is a personal favorite.
- For the puzzle lover in your life, this brand makes such fun ones! I mean, this champagne
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What I want for Christmas!
- A peaceful morning at the Central Park Bow Bridge.
- Affordable Thanksgiving outfit ideas.
- A new favorite sweater.
- Gift ideas for Francophiles.
- A beginner’s guide to a skincare routine.
- How I am celebrating the holidays on wit & whimsy.