I hope you guys enjoyed Lounge Week! And welcome to the first ever Reader Edition of the Weekly Roundup! I asked you guys to send in links for consideration and had so much fun culling through them to include selects in today’s edition! Of course some of my selects are also included as always!
Also if you have a moment and would be willing to share a testimonial about my work – I’d be so grateful! These help me market myself for opportunities I need to sustain my business. It can be anonymous if you so choose – thank you so much in advance!
I hope you enjoy the roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Continued working on my apartment! My mantle arrived – yay! And I installed mirrors, mounted my TV and began putting things up on the walls. It’s finally starting to feel like home.
- Relatedly I also totally updated the Home Favorites portion of The Shop! I added all the organizational items I’ve been using around my apartment as I get settled. *Sparks joy* (And FYI that Bed Bath & Beyond has a huge organizing sale going on right now this weekend!)
- Signed on for several exciting partnerships with brands I’ve used and loved and never worked with before – I can’t wait to share more with you guys!
- Dealt with some headaches with both my health + my technology. My laptop went into the shop to have its speakers replaced and then I had to wipe my hard drive and re-load it – which of course didn’t go well. And my latest thyroid disease blood work came back way off so now my doctor and I are troubleshooting. Hopeful to be on the other side of both of these issues soon!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- A thought-provoking piece on working moms.
- This is a great list of “most recommended books” by a w&w reader!
- Many thanks to Jess for including me in this post on a French capsule wardrobe. You can see my take on this topic here.
- One w&w reader is working on helping you clean out your closet with integrity and thoughtful opinions! Meet the Keep or Toss app!
- Meet The Aisle Assistant: a la carte virtual wedding planning packages for engaged couples. Founder Ellie works with couples located anywhere and you can choose as much or as little help as you need.
- Danielle of She’s Fun shared ways to mend a broken heart. Never hurts to hear these things!
- File under great causes: a reader shared that you can help support NYC girls battling homelessness via ordering cookies through Girl Scouts Troop 6000. Cookies for a great cause! You better believe I placed an order.
- A w&w reader is an MBA student at the University of Notre Dame currently working on a start-up idea with 2 classmates for a “Shark Tank” style school competition. They’re trying to build a free online browser extension (like Honey or Rakuten) that helps online shoppers find beauty, skincare, and haircare that best fit their preferences based for clean ingredients, sustainable products, and social impact initiatives. If you’re up for providing her with some feedback (and possibly testing a beta!) she’d be super grateful if you take this survey to help inform their research. I did it and it just takes a few minutes!
- How to spend Valentine’s Day in Paris virtually!
- My friend Molly just announced her March virtual pastry classes that she teaches from her home in Versailles! I am going to do the eclair one and I am so excited about it!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Madewell just kicked off their sale that only happens twice a year that is exclusive for Madewell Insiders. The sale will get you denim and leather at 20% off plus free shipping! Register here if you’re not already an Insider! (I’m a member and can confirm the free program comes with great perks.)
- Everyone’s favorite Zoom top has new colors!
- After reading in last week’s roundup how much I love having my Alexa Dot in my bathroom, a reader reached out sharing this handy battery base that lets it be portable – brilliant!! I ordered it immediately.
- In NYC and looking for a delicious delivery? Boy Blue Coffee & Goods is co-owned by a w&w reader and you can get coffee, fresh made pasta, delicious pretzels (I’ve had them and they are divine) and more delivered to you.
- If you’re struggling with chapped lips like I am (despite using oils and balms I love regularly!) then I can’t recommend this Sara Happ lip mask enough. I left it on for 20 minutes and my lips were far improved for days after!
- This sporty $33 pullover was a reader favorite last week being one of the most sold items! I’ve worn mine non stop since getting it.
- I’m loving the Alex Mill new arrivals! Particularly this striped pullover – the perfect Spring & Summer sweater. And this button back sweater.
- A reader recommended The Midnight Library as a book she absolutely loved lately. I added it to my list, too as oh my gosh look at all those reviews!
- Another reader recommended the book The Lager Queen of Minnesota saying it’s a great read.
- I tested the new Amazon Made For You customizable T-Shirt offering (that was included in a recent weekly roundup) and I have to say – I’m pretty impressed with the made to measure tee. Is it the best t-shirt I’ve ever owned? No. But for the $25 price tag I really like the quality of the cotton and the fit is good. For my casual tees I prefer a bit of a roomier / boxier fit but this tee is going to be a new go-to for layering under sweaters and when I once again begin wearing blazers again. The process was super easy and I love how it takes a photo of your shape for a better fit. And! I just learned that this February, customers who buy one or more Made for You t-shirts, will receive 25% off their order. (Offer ends February 28, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM PST). Use code ‘MADEFORYOU25’ at checkout to receive the discount.
- “I recently bought and am loving this Braun ILP device. It doesn’t work for all skin/hair tones but I have dark hair and light skin and I’m seeing results in just 3 uses!”
- Since I love the Lululemon Align leggings so much, a reader reached out to tell me about the new similar tights from the brand that she admits she may like even more than the Aligns. And I of course had to try them – and yep, they’re great! I love the compressed fit (I went with a size 6), the high rise and the slightly cropped fit.
- One of my very favorite beauty products (I’ve raved about it before) is now available in a mini size! Perfect if you want to test it out.