I said it yesterday, but I’ll say it again: This week was a doozy. Monday the site was down practically all day. It was a giant dose of stress and loss of time spent troubleshooting that was 100% unplanned for. Tuesday was – well, Tuesday. Wednesday I was a zombie. And yesterday had so much packed in as I raced to finish my to-do list before this morning’s flight.
Which brings me to my weekend plans! I’m off to Arizona to celebrate one of my closest friends at her bachelorette party! It means a reunion with my best college gals and I think that it is exactly what the doctor ordered. What are you guys doing this weekend!? (Besides shopping the Sephora sale that opened to all TODAY! Here’s what to buy when everything is 20% off!) May it be a great one whatever you end up doing!
(Quick PSA: Through the rest of the year the majority of the Weekly Roundups are going to be on Saturdays as I have so much content planned that I needed an extra day! Wanted you to be aware so you don’t think they went MIA ;))
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Got two new clients for my PR consultancy! #pumped
- Checked out the new Drybar on the Lower Eastside! It was such a treat to get my hair blown out as I rarely do that. It was such a nice start to the day and the new location is beautiful.
- Got a sneak peek at all the new Garnier products coming out soon – so much drugstore beauty goodness to look forward to!
- Had a hair diagnosis with Kérastase and it was SO interesting. They have an amazing camera and technology that assess your hair for everything from how thin it is to what damage you may have. My hair was in much better shape than I anticipated (hello, blonde coloring for 10+ years…) and following the “exam” I got a custom treatment to help repair what needed repairing.
- Didn’t sleep enough.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- 10 inventive beauty products.
- I like everything I make from this blog so I’m adding this to my cooking list for next week!
- How cute is Grace in pink!?
- Taylor told me about this Instagram account last weekend it provided many a LOL moment this week for me.
- Loved Cait’s home tour on The Everygirl.
- Loved Anna’s fall look here.
- A great read on the rise of PopSugar.
- As I continue to explore New York, I loved this guide to 4 interesting neighborhoods with lots to offer. Bookmarked!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I always love Oprah’s Favorite Things and this year there are a lot of good items perfect for gifting.
- Speaking of gifting, pretty sure all my girlfriends are getting these for the holidays – ha!
- These boots are genius! They look like a moto boot but have a rubber sole so you can wear them in the rain or snow #brillant. (They also look like a pair by Kate Spade last year that were 3x the price…)
- This faux shearling coat looks more expensive than it is!
- These leggings!! (My marble obsession continues :))
- This dress would be cute year round. This time of year I’d add my favorite tights + flat over the knee boots.
- One of my favorite shoe brands is offering $50 off every pair and it ends today! I named my two favorite styles I own + recommend over here.
- Layer this under a camel blazer, a navy sweater or a cool suede jacket.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 5 podcasts that will inspire you.
- My road trip through Ireland.
- One of my favorite outfits of recent.
- Productivity hacks.
- The best personalized gifts for this holiday season.
- 20 cozy knits to consider buying.