This week flew by thanks to a lot of social occasions and loads of work I was racing to finish up before today’s flight. While I am mildly obsessed with the holidays in NYC I am so excited to be heading home for some much needed R&R. I can’t wait to see my family, hit the ski slopes, take bubble baths and drink read wine in my PJs with a view of the Rocky Mountains. It’s a slice of heaven.
I’ll still be working both gigs but just from a new environment which will be welcomed change :).
Hope you guys have a great weekend and p.s don’t forget to enter this giveaway! Today’s the last day to do so…
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Had a cozy breakfast at a French-inspired favorite, Cafe Cluny, with my friend Angie.
- Took a field trip to New Jersey to see philisophy’s first ever (and beautiful) store at the Garden State Plaza! They even have a virtual meditation area and offer mini-treatments like skin analyses. I got some products I can’t wait to try out (Did you see my snaps last night?)
- Celebrated the year with my amazing intern Kate at the one and only Bemelmans Bar (remember me talking about it in this post?)
- I tried my first meditation class at Inscape! I really, really loved it. I found myself more calm yet filled with energy after and appreciated the guidance as I’ve tried at-home meditating before and lasted all but 5 minutes. I took the mantra session which is 33 minutes and found it the perfect amount of time. Definitely going to look at booking more sessions in the new year when things get super busy. The space is also really beautiful + thoughtfully designed. Do any of you guys meditate?
- I donated to the Karam Foundation, an incredible nonprofit that’s been working in Syria helping children since 2007. My friend Hitha started a company that makes finding and donating to causes so easy and with Bridge2Act we can all come together to support worthwhile causes.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- LOVE the message of this new Nike ad.
- This will bring tears to your eyes but I love that the boy’s wish was fulfilled.
- Love this look of Jess’.
- File this under genius: Amazon hacks.
- These videos never get old and this one sure is festive!
- I adore all these cute French-inspired gifts! #DearSanta
- Merritt’s photos from Japan are beautiful!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I love that this dress looks like Self Portrait but is a fraction of the price.
- Sign me up for this cozy, marbled cardigan.
- I love red coats (they are so happy in a sea of gray + black!) and this one is just like the cream one I have from LOFT last year!
- Speaking of cute coats, how great is this plaid one? (And under $100!)
- This cashmere scarf is 50% off and comes in loads of colors!
- My favorite sneakers are on sale.
- I can’t get enough of pom pom hats of late and this one comes in so many fun colors.
- Pleated cuffs on a classic white button down? YES please! Would look so cool layered under a sweater or blazer.
- This isn’t in my budget but man do I love it.
- The back of this sweater is too cute.
- This cape looks cozy and could double as a scarf.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The best things to do in NYC during the holidays (get it in while you can!)
- Styling winter whites.
- The most Instagram-worthy spots in Manhattan – bookmark it!
- An easy and classic Fall outfit to replicate.
- Gift ideas for your BFF.
- One of my favorite shoots of the year.
[Bekka Palmer Photography – outtake from this post]
LOVED reading about your donation to Karam–the current situation in Syria is so difficult/atrocious, and it warmed my heart to see you contributing to a cause that will help the children there. Thanks for the reminder about what the holidays are really about–generosity and kindness to others!
You are so right! Oftentimes it becomes all about gifts we don’t need and I like to always remember to give to those in need as well as to my loved ones this time of year! Thank you for the sweet comment <3 Meant a lot!
Yay!!!! Love hearing that you tried ( & liked) meditation!!!!! I teach yoga & meditation where I live & am so happy that more people are trying it, even if just once. Absolutely love the skirt & pairing it with plaid.
That is AMAZING that you’re a meditation teacher! So, so cool. I definitely want to give it another go as I feel like living in NYC moments of peace and calm are so rare!