Happy Friday, you guys! Man, was I out and about this week! I was bopping all over the city for a variety of events and meetings and it felt good to be back in the swing of things fully. It also helped that yesterday the high reached 64 degrees…say what!? It was glorious!
I’m looking forward to a weekend with not a lot of plans and also am hoping to take Monday off! I want to hit up a few things on my winter bucket list (The Morgan Library, trying a boxing class) and also am going to get dinner with my godmother and visit The New Museum. Are you guys doing anything fun for the long weekend?! Whatever you’re planning, I hope you have a great one!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Got a sneak peek at a new beauty destination in NYC: MB45 which offers simultaneous manicures and blow outs. I love multi-tasking so this is a win in my book!
- Finally got a facial at Mario Badescu where I attempted to undo some of the bad skin habits that crept in during the holidays.
- Previewed new launches coming from Elizabeth Arden at a chic town home here in the city.
- Beat my fitness goal by fitting in 5 workout classes this week!
- Saw Manchester by the Sea and decided I think it is one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen. (The more I thought about it the less I liked it…) But DEFINITELY go see Hidden Figures – I am obsessed with that film!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I was so excited to be featured on Glamour.com in a piece about pursuing working for yourself!
- I loved reading about how Sephora is on a mission to further empower women.
- Love Erika’s post on how to commit to something.
- My skin had another dry skin freakout this week (particularly around my eyes) so I doused it in this magic conncoction (the name is fitting) and by morning, all dry, flaky patches were gone! It is pricy but A) a little goes a long way and B) it WORKS!
- I had the pleasure of working with Hana last year in Paris and she is one of the warmest souls. Her year in review for 2016 is full of stunning imagery.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Finally got myself a pair of slippers! I bought these and am loving them.
- Nike just released an updated style of my favorite sneakers – they are so chic!
- Loving these moto-inspired leggings.
- This cozy sweater tee is a great price.
- Multiple fellow bloggers have been raving about this sweater – comes in 5 colors!
- Transition to Spring with this sweater.
- I love these flats you could wear with practically everything.
- How cute is this LBD!? If you like wearing black it is perfect for weddings in the Spring.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- All about this year’s goals for myself.
- My bedroom makeover was revealed!
- Loads of cute bomber jackets (and an outfit to inspire wearing one!)
- My best beauty discoveries of 2016.
- Best drugstore beauty buys.
Congratulations on being featured in Glamour~ 2017 is off to a great start!!!!
Congratulations on being featured in Glamour, great tips!!!
Thank you, Sara!!