We’ve come to the conclusion of wit & whimsy’s 2019 Paris Week and I’ll be rounding it out today with a Paris themed special edition of the Weekly Roundup! I hope you guys have enjoyed this week’s content as I’ve had so much fun putting it together.
Aside from enjoying all the Paris content this week, it was unfortunately a very awful week for my personal life. It was a one-two punch of hard news on back to back days that had me spending Wednesday stepping back and really processing everything. I worked hard to spend the rest of the week trying to keep a positive outlook while managing a massive to do list of work and personal items I needed to accomplish while unpacking and repacking to head West today. Life has been hard so far in 2019 but every day I am trying to remind myself that there’s a lot in the power of positive thinking and working to manifest change. Here’s hoping it pays off!
Have a wonderful weekend you guys. xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Flew back from London and unpacked to re-pack to head to LA today! I’m so excited for some warmer weather, some sun & then in a week’s time a weekend with my best friends from college down in Palm Springs!
- Wrote. A lot. The words were flowing for me this week which felt nice. I’m excited to share a lot of thoughtful posts with you in the future.
- Gave up sweets for Lent – wish me luck!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Romantic photos shot in Paris of my friend Kat.
- Great Paris hotels with views of the Eiffel Tower.
- My friend Briony has beautiful snaps of 3 days in Paris.
- Gourmet food gifts to buy on your next trip to France.
- Angelina Paris – some of the best hot chocolate ever – is coming to NYC!
- Woah! These new fountains are coming to the Champs-Elysee next month.
- One of my favorite French bloggers to follow, Daphne, shares her favorite restaurants in Paris.
- I shared my favorite beauty & wellness destinations earlier this week and this guide is giving me a few new ideas for my next visit.
- Speaking of guides, I always look to goop’s travel guides for recommendations. Here is their Paris one.
- Karl’s last collection for Chanel was truly beautiful.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This trench coat has all the vibes of Audrey Hepburn in Paris in Funny Face. This is also a chic trench.
- Every good French-inspired wardrobe needs a striped tee. Also love this one.
- This is one of my favorite books set in Paris.
- You’ll always spot French women sporting classic silk button downs. Also love this one.
- One of my favorite French brands, Sezane, ships to the States! Their pieces instantly elevate your wardrobe. This dress would be stunning to wear if you’re getting married and having a rehearsal dinner or in black to wear to a wedding, this top is beautiful for Spring/Summer, this top is so pretty and would be great under a blazer or on its own and this classic button down I own and think is as close to perfection as one can get.
- I always pack blazers when in Paris. This one is chic for daytime. This one is a great price (I have a very similar looking one!) and this one is timeless.
- The two shoes I always bring with me to Paris include these loafers and these flats. My favorites to look put together and a bit francaise.
- Standout at nighttime in a jumpsuit like this one.
- I love the feminine and vintage-feeling detail on this blouse.
- My friend Angie wrote a wonderful book full of great recommendations within Paris. Buy it here!
- Another great Paris book I own is this one. Be prepared to drool with some of the food descriptions.
- Summersalt launched oh so chic yet cozy French girl pajamas. I love these!
- If you’re in the market for some dainty jewels to add to your best French girl outfit, BaubleBar has 25% nearly their entire inventory through the end of today with their Friends & Family sale! The code is FF25. A few stylish pieces I spotted were these dainty hoops, these beautiful stacking rings, these pretty rings, this personalized necklace and this pretty ring.
- Parisians aren’t big on distressed denim so this is the perfect classic jean for your French girl wannabe wardrobe.
- One of my favorite brands released another size of their classic leather tote – a classic that will pair perfectly with the rest of our Parisian chic looks.
- This smaller bag is also on brand.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What Paris means to me.
- The best places to shop in Paris.
- My perfect Paris day + Paris hidden treasures.
- 3 perfect days in Paris.
- All my Paris favorites.
- The best coffee shops in Paris.
- My favorite beauty + wellness destinations in Paris.
- How Paris helps me be present.
- 5 things not to miss in Paris.
- My favorite French beauty products.
- Budget friendly Paris.
- Pieces of Paris in NYC.
Do you have any other French bloggers/French blogs you recommend following?
I sure do! http://www.ruerodier.com/ https://www.modeandthecity.net/ http://www.parisinfourmonths.com/ and https://www.journeyintolavillelumiere.com/
Amazing! Thank you! ??
You are so welcome!
Oh, Meghan. I’m sorry! Hang in there! I have loved your content this week – a mini-trip to Paris!
Thank you so much, Shannon!! <3
Sending positive vibes to you this week girl and OMG I’m so excited Angelina is coming to NYC!! My sister and I went for the hot chocolate and pastries when I visited her while she was living there a few years ago and we loved it. Thanks for sharing!!
Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams
Thank you so much for the positive vibes, Amanda!! And such fun news right!? Can’t wait for the hot chocolate when it opens!
Stay strong and positive! And thank you for making the internet a happy, welcoming and uplifting place to be!
Thank you so much, Christina – means a lot to me!
Gosh it was SO wonderful to see you, but I am so sorry you’ve had such a hard week. Sending so much love.
P.S. Thank you so much for including me here! Can every week be Paris week?
Love you, B! xx