We’ve come to the conclusion of wit & whimsy’s 2019 Paris Week and I’ll be rounding it out today with a Paris themed special edition of the Weekly Roundup! I hope you guys have enjoyed this week’s content as I’ve had so much fun putting it together.
Aside from enjoying all the Paris content this week, it was unfortunately a very awful week for my personal life. It was a one-two punch of hard news on back to back days that had me spending Wednesday stepping back and really processing everything. I worked hard to spend the rest of the week trying to keep a positive outlook while managing a massive to do list of work and personal items I needed to accomplish while unpacking and repacking to head West today. Life has been hard so far in 2019 but every day I am trying to remind myself that there’s a lot in the power of positive thinking and working to manifest change. Here’s hoping it pays off!
Have a wonderful weekend you guys. xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Flew back from London and unpacked to re-pack to head to LA today! I’m so excited for some warmer weather, some sun & then in a week’s time a weekend with my best friends from college down in Palm Springs!
- Wrote. A lot. The words were flowing for me this week which felt nice. I’m excited to share a lot of thoughtful posts with you in the future.
- Gave up sweets for Lent – wish me luck!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Romantic photos shot in Paris of my friend Kat.
- Great Paris hotels with views of the Eiffel Tower.
- My friend Briony has beautiful snaps of 3 days in Paris.
- Gourmet food gifts to buy on your next trip to France.
- Angelina Paris – some of the best hot chocolate ever – is coming to NYC!
- Woah! These new fountains are coming to the Champs-Elysee next month.
- One of my favorite French bloggers to follow, Daphne, shares her favorite restaurants in Paris.
- I shared my favorite beauty & wellness destinations earlier this week and this guide is giving me a few new ideas for my next visit.
- Speaking of guides, I always look to goop’s travel guides for recommendations. Here is their Paris one.
- Karl’s last collection for Chanel was truly beautiful.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This trench coat has all the vibes of Audrey Hepburn in Paris in Funny Face. This is also a chic trench.
- Every good French-inspired wardrobe needs a striped tee. Also love this one.
- This is one of my favorite books set in Paris.
- You’ll always spot French women sporting classic silk button downs. Also love this one.
- One of my favorite French brands, Sezane, ships to the States! Their pieces instantly elevate your wardrobe. This dress would be stunning to wear if you’re getting married and having a rehearsal dinner or in black to wear to a wedding, this top is beautiful for Spring/Summer, this top is so pretty and would be great under a blazer or on its own and this classic button down I own and think is as close to perfection as one can get.
- I always pack blazers when in Paris. This one is chic for daytime. This one is a great price (I have a very similar looking one!) and this one is timeless.
- The two shoes I always bring with me to Paris include these loafers and these flats. My favorites to look put together and a bit francaise.
- Standout at nighttime in a jumpsuit like this one.
- I love the feminine and vintage-feeling detail on this blouse.
- My friend Angie wrote a wonderful book full of great recommendations within Paris. Buy it here!
- Another great Paris book I own is this one. Be prepared to drool with some of the food descriptions.
- Summersalt launched oh so chic yet cozy French girl pajamas. I love these!
- If you’re in the market for some dainty jewels to add to your best French girl outfit, BaubleBar has 25% nearly their entire inventory through the end of today with their Friends & Family sale! The code is FF25. A few stylish pieces I spotted were these dainty hoops, these beautiful stacking rings, these pretty rings, this personalized necklace and this pretty ring.
- Parisians aren’t big on distressed denim so this is the perfect classic jean for your French girl wannabe wardrobe.
- One of my favorite brands released another size of their classic leather tote – a classic that will pair perfectly with the rest of our Parisian chic looks.
- This smaller bag is also on brand.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What Paris means to me.
- The best places to shop in Paris.
- My perfect Paris day + Paris hidden treasures.
- 3 perfect days in Paris.
- All my Paris favorites.
- The best coffee shops in Paris.
- My favorite beauty + wellness destinations in Paris.
- How Paris helps me be present.
- 5 things not to miss in Paris.
- My favorite French beauty products.
- Budget friendly Paris.
- Pieces of Paris in NYC.