Happy Monday! Did you have a good weekend? I’m extending mine a bit as I drove up to the Catskills yesterday for a little getaway to check out Scribner’s Lodge and I have to say this place is a total jewel of a find. We’re having the nicest time and were lucky enough to get some wheels provided by Lexus which made getting up here a total breeze. I’m sharing lots on Instagram in case you want to check it out. The weather is unfortunately not what we had hoped for but we’re making the best of it and this place is so cozy you kind of want an excuse to curl up in a chair and read a good book (I just started this one).
Last week in Nantucket Carly rented a sailboat and it was SUCH a highlight for the trip. I absolutely love the feeling of being out on the water and this 90 minute sail was a total treat. I wore some of my favorite summer classics for the ocassion and thought it’d be fun if I shared some of my other summer essentials that I’ve been wearing tons of the past couple weeks of the season!
My Summer Essentials List:
- I love denim shorts paired with a more feminine tank or blouse (Exhibit A) and these have been in heavy rotation since getting them the other week. More good options here, here, here & here.
- I live for sneakers in summer as the right pair are equally great with shorts or jeans as they are with a dress or skirt. This is the pair I’ve been wearing non-stop but I also own these which I like with more casual ensembles and the price is great. (More of my favorite sneakers were mentioned in this post.)
- Other summer shoe essentials of mine are neutral sandals. These are my favorite for this summer so far but I also have had some luck with Zara ones, too including the ones I’m wearing in these photos. Additionally I have found these go with everything (I have the white/neutral ones) and I’ll admit, it pains me to do so, but I have been wearing my white Birckenstocks so much, too.
- My two summer jacket essentials are a utility jacket and a denim jacket. This Madewell jacket has become a fast favorite (I bought it in a M but probably could have gotten a S – FYI) as I love it with denim shorts in particular. It’s also great paired with a chambray button down or a striped tee. I own a couple of denim jackets in different washes/fits but the one I wear the most is this J.Crew one. I did just buy this one and I LOVED it when it arrived, too.
- Next up: the striped tee. As seen in these photos, I love pairing a striped tee with a pair of denim shorts. Here is a classic J.Crew one and I also like the look of this one, this one looks so comfy, this one comes in cool color combos & this one has such cute sleeves. I also have this one and think the contrast piping on the neckline is the cutest detail. (Would recommend sizing up!) It also comes in a short sleeved version. (I love this brand.)
- I also love an easy-to-throw-on t-shirt dress. Everlane has a great one that comes in several colors/patterns and this one reminds me of the (sold out) Madewell dress I’ve gotten tons of wear out (seen here.) I love a t-shirt dress paired with sneakers & a denim jacket tied around the waist. One of my favorite casual summer looks.
What are the summer essentials you wear over and over again?
Petite Bateau Striped Tee (sold out) // Topshop Shorts // Zara Sandals // Cuyana Sweater (last seen here) // Similar Sunglasses (love this pair, too)
p.s. more photos from Nantucket & summer classics under $150.
Such a fun, fun day!!!
So grateful you arranged it!! Such a good memory!
Ok, this is definitely going on the Nantucket bucket list!
I would do it again in a heartbeat!