Happy Friday from Brooklyn! It’s been really nice to settle back into my own apartment, sleep in my own bed, make meals at home, snuggle my nephew and begin to catch up on life to dos. I was welcomed home by my BFF at my apartment last week who was in town for work and it was the best housewarming present after an emotional couple of weeks. I feel I am really *in it* right now in an uncertain season of my life and am heavily relying on my nearest and dearest. It was also lovely to reconnect with you all after taking last week off of social media. Thanks for being the best community – I am so grateful.
I hope you enjoy this week’s edit and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I was honored to be invited to speak on a panel about the power of blogging at the Influencer Marketing Show this past week here in NYC. It was my first speaking engagement since before covid and it was nice to be back out there doing things like this! It was also a reminder of how far I’ve come since I first set up this blog in 2006 (!)
- I settled back into life at home. It was so nice to grocery shop, get back to Peleton rides and hot yoga and spend time back in my neighborhood.
- I kicked off a new project for one of my businesses that I look forward to revealing later this year.
- I loved the Elin Hilderbrand book Silver Girl I read last week. And now I can’t wait to read her newest book that just dropped last week!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How to support your mental health at work.
- Summer dessert recipes. Yum!
- Beautiful streets of the world.
- A guide to meditation for people who think they can’t meditate.
- Where to eat in NYC this summer.
- We’ve reached peak dupe.
- A delicious sounding strawberry spritz. Spritz season is back, baby!
- Givenchy’s former manor house. WOW!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Now that I am back home I’ve taken to resuming slathering this foot cream all over to help provide some TLC to my heels after all the walking I did in Europe. I find it does wonders after a few nights when applied and I sleep with socks on over it!
- And while we’re on the topic of beauty, I’m not usually a sheet mask girl but I have decided they are great for travel when my skin needs some extra TLC and I stocked up on these at the French pharmacy last week and they are so good!
- My very favorite trousers from J.Crew remain on sale! I wear an 8. Can’t recommend these enough.
- Speaking of J.Crew – they are doing up to 50% off shorts, swim, tees & more summer essentials! Of their new arrivals I am loving this knit tank (those feminine details!!), this dress, this skirt, this one piece swimsuit, this gingham top, this tee and this dress. Also my knit striped sweater jacket seen here is restocked! I have the L.
- Saks is offering 20% off select items including this dress that has quickly become my favorite of the summer! Seen on here (size L).
- & Other Stories is killing the game with their accessories right now. This belt (Toteme vibes for less), this hat and this pair and this pair of sandals!
- Speaking of sandals, loving this style that dropped as part of Freda Salvador’s summer collection. And also these handwoven ballet flats are so dreamy- total outfit makers! Code WITWHIMSY15 will get you 15% off your first Freda order!
- BRB – already adding this new Jenni Kayne sweater style to my cart for the Fall.
- I’ve had a Dragon Diffusion bag on my wish list for a while and may finally pull the trigger now that they just dropped this color.
- Loving Me + Em’s newest summer arrivals including the navy version of this white dress I own and love (in US8), this jacket that has my name all over it, this dress that would be beautiful for a wedding or bridal shower, this dress, this skirt, this little jacket, this layering tank, these shorts and this dress. I tend to size up in this brand.
- It had been a minute since I was in France in summer but I couldn’t believe how many French girls were wearing K.Jacques sandals! Made me wish I hadn’t gotten rid of my pair I had a decade ago! This luxury shoe brand has been making sandals in St. Tropez since 1933 and there are so many beautiful styles I love including this pair, this pair, this pair and this pair. Even more styles available here.
- Since coming home I’ve been living in my favorite Amazon Fashion sweatshirt/shorts set. This set (#1 in the collage) is the perfect WFH summer attire.
- A smocked dress roundup for your summer dress needs!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The Best Sezane Essentials.
- My Favorite Products for Summer Glow.
- 14 Books Perfect for Summer.
- My Go-to Summer Necessities.
- What to Wear in Paris at Night.
This post contains affiliate links. Should you purchase something from an affiliate link, I may earn commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work!