It’s been a while since I last did a Things I’ve Bought & Loved Recently post and given how strange the time has been since my last post in this series and the fact that I’ve bought some out of the ordinary things of late, I figured it was time to share a quarantine edition of Things I’ve Bought and Loved.
This Spring and Summer buying season is unlike any other for me. I’m not buying bags or shoes or floral dresses or feminine tops. Instead I’m buying beauty products, housewares and comfy staples I’ll wear heavily in the coming months.
- Elemis Peptide Overnight Radiance Peel *. This overnight peel gives near-instant results when you wake up in the morning. My skin is noticeably smoother each night I use it. It also smells so calming.
- Lululemon Align Jogger. I was so excited when I saw Lululemon came out with a jogger version of my beloved Align leggings that I own 6 pair of (they get that much use!) The joggers are perfect. Super flattering, able to be worn on walks or during workouts and strangely, surprisingly chic. I bought size 6.
- Everlane High Rise White Denim. I think angels rejoiced when Everlane released their beloved high rise denim in white at long last. The denim is super premium, not too sheer and very flattering. See them on here. I wear size 28.
- Citrus Juicer. I broke my citrus juicer earlier this year so upgraded to this popular one from Amazon and I love it. I’ve been using it for all my Let’s Make a Drink videos and I love that it’s got a handy compartment for limes and one for lemons. Brilliant!
- Champagne Glasses. Oh how I love these glasses! Isn’t it funny how something like glassware can spark so much joy? I shared in a Let’s Make a Drink video that I started collecting glassware on my travels a few years back but it is safe to say it has become a bit more obsessive in quarantine. These champagne glasses or “saucers” as the brand calls them are just so gorgeous and really level up any celebratory bubbles. They keep selling out so act fast if interested! See them in action here.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Sculpt*. I’ve liked a lot of the Charlotte Tilbury products I’ve tried in the past but none as much as this duo palette. This highlighter + contour powder has major color payoff and is so supremely easy to use. Instant glow, Instant sculpting.
- Everlane Renew Fleece Sweatshirt. Since I live in sweatshirts these days, I bought this fleece one for cozy walks in the morning. It is so soft and so plush that it is a dream to wear. I bought it in a Medium. See it on here.
- Pottery Barn Glasses. I bought the high ball glasses and old fashioned glasses as an upgrade to my (very old) Target glassware. I love that they have a vintage vibe to them.
- Vuori Joggers*. A friend was telling me about this brand and low and behold the next week they reached out to me to send me some pieces to get a feel for it. And WOW. These joggers. I’ve talked about them so much since receiving several girlfriends bought and also fell in love with them. They are insanely soft yet not sweats-like. They are athletic yet lounge-y. I wear them in a Small. See them on here and in the top photo.
- Vuori Energy Tank*. I also fell in love with this workout tank from the Vuori brand. The same insanely soft fabric but with a flattering high neck and perfect for walks or intense workouts. I am SO picky when it comes to workout tanks and this one passed my test with flying colors. See it on here.
- Hanes Sweatshirt. I bought it in a size Small and cut off the bottom to make it cropped. Inexpensive and a fun activity!
- Everlane Side Slit Tee House Dress*. This slinky yet lounge-y dress will get a lot of wear from me when the heat hits. See it on here. I got it in a Medium.
- Everlane Jumpsuit. This jumpsuit is SO flattering on and the fact that it is linen makes it perfect for hot summer days. I’ve worn it every week since getting it. Instantly makes you put together!
- MM.LaFleur Leslie T-Shirt*. MM.LaFleur nailed the design of this t-shirt. I am so incredibly picky about t-shirts because so many either stretch out with wear or don’t look flattering on larger chests. The fabric of this t-shirt is so great – it’s heavier and thicker than you’d imagine and the sleeve length is also flattering. So many excellent design choices made this a t-shirt I can’t stop reaching for. I’ll be buying it in White as soon as it is restocked. See it on here. Wearing a Medium.
- Kosas Lip Oil*. I have the clear shade Jellyfish (and wear it every day before I put on my mask) but plan to buy shades Dip and Malibu.
- Rituel de Fille Enchanted Lip Sheer in Datura. Part lip color, part lip balm this formula is awesome. I absolutely love the hint of color this provides and the shade is just gorgeous for every day wear. Wearing it here.
- Puff Sleeve Top. I saw this top on another blogger and bought it in Navy to wear with denim shorts and white jeans this summer. The Medium fit me perfectly.
- Bite Beauty Power Matte Lip Crayon in Sugarcane*. I’ve long loved the Bite Beauty Power Matte Lip Crayon (I’ve been wearing it since 2015!) and got a few new shades to try with Sugarcane being a favorite neutral I am loving wearing for a hint of normalcy during Zoom call days. You can see me try on several shades here.
- Earplugs. After I wrote this post, a reader recommended these earplugs and I instantly bought them and YES they are indeed amazing. They’ve been crucial in drowning out my noisy neighbors and helping minimize the helicopters that have been going all night the past few weeks.
- Slip Silk Scrunchies. I had two of these scrunchies my friends had given me but given they are all I wear every day now, I bought a new pack.
- Steve Madden Sandals. I always buy an affordable neutral sandal to wear all the time every summer and these were this year’s pick.
- True & Co. Bra. With all the time at home, I was wanting bra options that didn’t involve underwire (something I need for normal every day support) so I bought this bra and have to say I absolutely love it. While it is a bit difficult to put on/off for someone like me with a larger chest, it is worth it. And despite no underwire it feels supportive still. It’s basically like wearing a sports bra but for every day and that’s something I can really get behind these days! It is so comfortable that one day I stopped to ask if I was wearing a bra under my dress that day – ha! I bought it in a Medium.
- Saie Beauty Dew Balm in Rosy Gold. I saw a lot about this highlighter on YouTube and Instagram so decided to try it out and WOW. I love how it looks on. You can see me use it here.
- Saie Beauty Glowy Super Gel. Wow. This primer does it all. Provides super flattering glow but also a hydrating prime before you apply makeup. I LOVE how it layers under my beloved BB Cream.
- Ilia Beauty Gel Eyeliner Pencil*. Behold! A gel eyeliner pencil I actually like! And it’s clean! I’ve tried a lot of pencil eyeliners in the past but none that have me coming back for more over my beloved Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. But this pencil is like the Bobbi Brown one but in lazy form which is great for days where I don’t want to deal with a brush + a pot. It stays on well and is easy to apply.
- Levi’s Wedgie Straight Jeans. I was so excited when I saw Levi’s came out with a hemmed version of my beloved Wedgie Straight Jeans I wear so much. This pair is equally as flattering and I also wear these jeans in a size 28. See them on here.
- Amanda Uprichard Josephine Top. I bought this pre-pandemic and can’t wait to wear it still this summer. Truly flattering on and with the prettiest bow detail. Goes great with shorts and jeans. See it on here.
- Agolde Nico Jeans in Rooted. I wrote about these here and how happy I was that my beloved Nico jeans now came in a more casual distressed version. They’re so great for weekend wear.
- Target PJ Top + Bottoms. Insanely soft and yet perfect for summer sleeps. I bought the top in a Medium and the shorts in a Small.
- Amazon Essentials Jumpsuit. This is going to be lived in by me in the coming months as I continue to spend the majority of my time working from home. So comfy and really flattering on. I bought it in a size Small. I also bought a very similar one but in shorts for extra hot days. Also in a size Small and also super flattering.
SHOP THE POST:
p.s. my revised 2020 wish list and my everyday makeup.
*Indicates a press sample was provided for review.
Great finds! Personally I love the True Body Lift version of the bra you shared – it provides more support than the original (still without underwire) and is pretty much the only bra I wear these days. Maybe worth checking out!
Amazing! I will definitely look into this. Thanks for the rec!
!I’ve been looking at both the align joggers and the vuori ones! Which would you recommend if it’s one or the other? Thanks
Oo tough call! I’d say the Vuori ones are better for lounging and the Lululemon ones are more sporty so good for walks *and* workouts
Thank you for the MM.LaFleur T-shirt recommendation! I agree 1000% with your thoughts on why finding a perfect shirt is hard to find and love the sleeve length! Will definitely be ordering once it is restocked in my size.
I just asked the brand and they’ll restock in September so keep an eye out! I can’t wait to own it in white. It really is such a challenge to find a good tee!