I’ve been doing these Amazon Fashion roundups for a while now and would like to think I’ve gotten pretty good at sourcing worthwhile picks from the overwhelming amount of products on their site. I recently received a question from a reader asking for advice for finding great fashion picks on Amazon so I’m excited to share some of those tips today. And of course, I’ve pulled together some current favorites for early summer below!
Tips for Shopping on Amazon Fashion:
- Start with the curated collections. From “The Shop by Shopbop” to The Drop to Amazon’s “Own Brands”, Amazon Fashion typically has a few timely collections that are great places to look for new arrivals, trendy pieces for a certain season or highly rated in stock items. I personally bookmark each of the aforementioned pages so I can always be searching there for fresh finds for you guys and my own closet.
- Sort by products with reviews. With the volume of products on Amazon, it can be overwhelming to comb through so many pieces. I like to sort by items that have 3-star reviews or better to filter out items that are tried and true.
- Once you find brands you like, shop their storefronts. Once you’ve discovered brands that you like, click the brand name on the product listing and review other items from that shop. Even if they don’t have reviews, knowing that you’ve had a good experience with the previous items from that brand helps sort through everything. I personally have loved items from Core 10, Daily Ritual and The Drop.
- Read product descriptions, reviews and questions. While not everything that I’ve purchased has been winners, I’ve been able to find some great picks by paying close attention to product descriptions for things like fabric (I love to find pieces that are mostly cotton, linen or other quality fabrics) or sizing feedback. Similarly, reviews and questions can help guide whether you should size up or down or if an item isn’t a good option because the fabric is too sheer or cheap feeling.
- Look past the styling in product photos. Items are often styled in a very trendy manor in the product photography – not usually my look. But if you can look past the styling and think about how an item may fit into your closet, you can find some real winners!
I’d love to hear any other tips and tricks you’ve learned in the comments! I recently rounded up favorite Amazon Fashion purchases if you’d like to see some of my tried + tested items in my own closet.
And now for some new finds I’m loving…
Early Summer Picks from Amazon Fashion
Shop the Post
- I love all the ruffle details on this shirt dress. I’d go with the white (of course!) but it also comes in a few other cute colors and is under $30.
- How darling is this gingham swing dress?! So perfect for summer! Throw on + go.
- Amazon Essentials make many of my favorite classic styles that I find on Amazon Fashion and this striped dress is no exception.
- You all know I love a midi dress so this striped style immediately caught my eye. It also comes in a few other colors and would look so cute paired with a denim jacket and your favorite sandals or sneakers.
- This black dress caught my eye for the almost 1,000 reviews and is a great “throw on and go” piece for the upcoming warmer season.
- This embroidered floral print dress is so pretty and while normally I’d question the quality for the under $30 price tag, the reviews note the quality of the fabric and that its completely lined.
- In addition to my obsession with SPF, hats like this cute panama one are a must during summertime. I love that this one has UV protection, comes in a few colors and has great reviews.
- I love Amazon Fashion for more trendy items like these slides on a budget.
- Obsessed with this ruffled eyelet white dress! And I appreciate that the product description recommends sizing up if you have a larger chest (like me!). This is another eyelet dress that looks like a great pick.
- This top is an example of an item that isn’t quite styled the way I would wear it in the product photo but the gingham print and style of the top caught my eye and I know it would look adorable with white jeans this summer.
- This white tank is a great staple for summer and being that its almost 100% cotton and has just under 10K reviews, I feel more confident in the quality before ordering.
- For the hottest summer days, these high waisted linen shorts are perfect. And while these shorts don’t yet have any reviews, I’ve liked items from this brand in the past and love seeing that they are 100% linen.
- I found these straight leg jeans in The Shop by Shopbop which has so many brands I already know and love with the benefit of Prime shipping and returns.
A few more picks:
You May Also Like:
- Affordable dresses and swimwear for summer.
- Pretty eyelet pieces for the season.
- My favorite trench coats.
[Top image via]