How great that we get to enjoy a long holiday weekend this weekend! Can you believe September is nearly upon us!? The past week really took it out of me and I’ve been dragging every day to the point I was wishing I could take daily naps. I’m so glad to be staying put in NYC for the weekend and looking forward to hopefully making progress in my current book, getting to work on planning details surrounding my Australia trip and having some major R&R. I may bake! I may head to Central Park! I may make a meal entirely from the farmer’s market! I may have wine up on my roof! The world is my oyster this weekend and I’m thrilled for it. I can’t work out right now due to my stitches so I’m going a little stir crazy without that outlet for my stress. I’m hopefully a rather open weekend will be a good cure-all for some of the anxiety I’ve been battling of late.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and your long weekend! I’ll see you guys back here on Tuesday.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Had a super productive week work-wise. I signed onto a new consulting project and a new campaign for w&w, had several exciting meetings and shipped out four more Paris, Perfected orders.
- Got the good news that last week’s surgery got all the skin cancer detected – what a relief!
- Listened to the new Taylor Swift album on repeat! Anyone else? My favorite song is definitely Cruel Summer. I added my favorites from the album to my often-listened-to T.Swift playlist on Spotify. See also: Vulture’s always hilarious breakdown of what her lyrics mean.
- Tried some pre-Fall items on and uploaded them here. To shop the items just click on the photo and then the individual items.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- YES! Give me pumpkin spice everything, please.
- Spots to watch the sunset in Paris.
- Here are NYT’s 25 most popular recipes this summer.
- Nora Ephron’s tomato sauce? Yes, please!
- Handy business-oriented books and podcasts to learn from.
- A helpful guide to popular herbal supplements.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This sweater arrived this week and I am in LOVE with it! The fit is perfect, it is great for summer evenings, Fall days – truly obsessed. The medium was perfect on me.
- Walk don’t run! My beloved Levi’s I wear all the time and raved about here are marked down at the moment! I wear them in a size 28 (TTS).
- Great holiday weekend sales are happening! J.Crew has 40% off your purchase and so does Ann Taylor! I bought this sweater (in camel) from J.Crew and I bought a second color of my beloved sweater blazer (I size down to a Small in this style). The jumpsuit I’ve been living in all summer is on sale, too. And J.Crew Factory has 50% off!
- M.Gemi has an extra 20% off sale styles. Their shoes are worth every penny in my opinion because of the quality and comfort.
- Nordstrom added a Sustainable Fashion section to their site and I love that they did this!
- Madewell just restocked this plaid blazer that sold out so fast when they first released it.
- Mango’s new arrivals are so good and you can score them at 20-30% off this weekend with code LBR19! I loved this sweater, this sweater, this sweater, this chic coat my friend bought at my recommendation and she said it is amazing (but to size down), this classic coat, this cropped cardigan, this trench, this cardigan (buying!), this blazer, this blazer and they brought back the tweed jacket I wore here!
- I love this classic car coat from Gap.
- How cute is the scalloped detail on this poplin top!?
- Also from Gap these versatile yet comfortable looking jeans.
- Loving this affordable plaid blazer.
- Balloon and puff sleeves all day everyday please.
- These joggers are only $25 and have great reviews.
- Yes to this Topshop cardigan and it has loads of good reviews.
- This chic duster cardigan has nearly 900 reviews with almost a 5 star rating on Amazon! And it is less than $25!
- Want a good statement belt but don’t want to spring for Gucci or Hermes? Look no further. You can’t beat the price.
- I really like this new casual, wear-it-all-the-time boot that M.Gemi just released. Their shoes are always worth the investment in my opinion because they are so comfortable.
- This cute wicker bag I’ve worn here, here is now on sale! So are these wicker sandals I own.
- This Instagram-famous mirror is marked down!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Things I’ve bought & loved recently.
- Early Fall picks – so much goodness!
- The beauty product I’m hooked on using.
- Why I use a gratitude journal.
- My travel essentials.
- Having Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- How I’m doing on my 2019 goals.
Every time we hit the spring season here in Sydney, I wish I could taste pumpkin spice latte because people seem to talk about it a lot and I’ve never tasted it! I’m not a pumpkin person myself but I guess once I try it I can decide if it’s a yay or nay. So stoked to hear that you’ll be making your way down under at some point this year. I hope I stumble across you when you’re here in Australia. Will you be visiting Sydney?
One day you will!! I’m not personally a fan of flavored coffee but I’ll take pumpkin spice in any baked form haha!